Four

I woke up to my father pounding on my bedroom door. I kissed my teeth and rolled over, picking up my phone to check the time. "Aye, aye! Stop banging on the damn door, man!" I hollered. The banding stopped but I knew he was still there.

"What do you want at seven in the morning?"

"You embarrassed this family. Got those people thinking we're not a family unit."

"I embarrass erribody, don't take it personal."

"I can't deal with you anymore, imma send you to live with your mother."

I snickered and shook my head. I got up, opened the door and leaned on it. "Which one? My real one or your ex wife? Let me know when you find them." I slammed the door and locked it then did my hygiene and put on a tank top, basketball shorts and my timberland boots then I combed my blue hair and put on a beanie, grabbed my phone and my cross chain with some cash and my charger and headed out the door with my bag on my shoulder. I was on my way out when I bumped into Amber, my dad's new wife. "Are you going to school?" I eyed her up and down then rolled my eyes. "I don't go to school." She gasped dramatically. "I'm taking you to school-" "Like I said, I don't go to school so leave me alone."

I brushed pass her and walked to Lyon Dynasty. When I walked in, Tiana was glaring at me and acting like I dud her something.

"Whats your problem?"

"Your mama called me earlier."

I kissed my teeth and shook my head.

"What did she want?"

"She want to see you."

"I'm not calling her, I don't wanna talk to her."

"Just hear her out, Bee."

"Ight, I'll see."

I went into the studio and found Hakeem looking stressed. "Wassup with you?" I asked. "I can't get hold of my ma." I scratched my head. "I'm gonna check the police station." I mumbled. "I'll drive." He stood up. Should I tell him my mama might be the one working on whatever case Cookie has going on or should I just pretend not to know anything.

When we got to the station, I told him to stay in the car. I walked into the station and most of thd officers were watching me. I was a frequent person in there, being a delinquent and all. I stopped by the front desk and asked to speak to my mother, half hoping she was there and half hoping she was not.