Christmas Special

Seven months later...

It was close to Christmas and I was extra scared. I was on the last leg of my tour then I would be heading home for Christmas. I sat down and thought back to when Hakeem meet up with me in Philly the month before then I realized that I was not only pregnant but a whole ass month pregnant. There were at least seven different tests in front of me but I didn't want to believe it.

JJ: Aye sweet cheeks, sound check in ten.

I held back a sob as the guard informed me of the rehearsal.

Me: I'm coming.

I choked out the words and hoped he didn't hear me.

JJ: You ok in there?
Me: I'm fine.

I heard him walking away and sighed in relief. I chucked the tests into the bag and hurried to my room. After this tour, I'll be heading back home, playing a show then I can finally rest for Christmas. An idea struck me that I could wait a couple of weeks (until Christmas) to tell Hakeem about this.

I went to sound check, talked to some VIP fans then went on a lunch break, well was supposed to be a lunch break but I ended up pacing my dressing room floor. How was I supposed to tell my husband that I'm pregnant. I remember a couple years back when I was going on my first tour, I found out I was pregnant...but before I could tell anyone, I miscarried. I didn't cry or laugh, I didn't tell anyone, I was still young and I knew it wasn't time for him or her to come into the world.

JJ: Aisha, the show starts in a couple of hours, don't you wanna go get something to eat?
Me: I'm not hungry.

The back and forth from the different sides of the door was good enough, I just wanted to be alone till my show started. The door slightly opened and a pizza box, two pack if sour patch kids and a milkshake appeared then the door closed again.

JJ: You're not going to perform on an empty stomach.

I giggled and ate a couple slices of pizza, charged my phone, got some sleep then got ready for my show. I was dressed in a sports bra, velvet shorts and an oversized denim flannel with a pair of fentyXpuma sneakers.

After the show, I did the usual meet and greet then headed to the airport. As the driver of the rented tour bus drive off, I realized that I was heading home and i would have to tell Hakeem what was bothering me for the whole day.

The long seven hour flight had its ups and downs. Mostly downs. I puked, I slept, I got miserable for no reason. I smiled when I got off the plane and saw LAX airport. Fans were screaming as I walked through the place but time stopped when I saw Hakeem Lyon standing there waiting on me, guards surrounded him to make sure fans wouldn't bombard him. JJ and Frank held off the young fans as I ran and jumped on Hakeem. I released myself from his grasp and grabbed my luggage.

Hakeem: So what's the vibe?
Me: I gotta do one show here then it's Christmas family time.
Hakeem: You look tired, sure you don't wanna cancel?

I gave him a stank face. The show was also a convention for troubled teens, children and young adults. I was always a troubled person and it would mean the world if I shared my personal stories and they shared theirs, so that was the surprise they're getting. I'm not just music and entertainment but i want to be a role model and motivational speaker.

Me: I'm doing this show.
Hakeem: Aisha, I'm serious.
Me: And I am too. This is the last show then you have a whole month of 'us' time.
Hakeem: A month? Nah.
Me: Yes a month.
Hakeem: The month already started—
Me: And I'm already home. Why you so hype?

I sighed and walked to the jeep. I don't know what is up but ion even been here five minutes and he in my face with problems. We were finally on the road; him and I were sitting in the backseat of the jeep, he looked like he wanted to say something so I decided to say something first.

Me: What nigga?
Hakeem: You been getting thick.
Me: And?
Hakeem: You look like you been eating alot

Now that hurt but I knew how to hide my emotions.

Me: Nigga I been on the road for six and a half months, I lived on cornflakes, snacks and water cause I been too busy to feed myself. Don't come at me with that shit! If anything I been getting smaller! Fuck outta her with that!

I rolled my eyes and started texting Star, she was in the foster system and juvie with me. I recebtly found her on Instagram and we got back in contact.

StarLA

Hey Star

Hey gurl sup?

I'm in Los Angeles, hmu

Where and when?

I'm coming down to Atlanta soon

Ya serious?

Yes and I'll be down there for a minute so...

I'll tell Simon and Alex, maybe Carlotta will let you stay with us

Who's Carlotta?

She's like a mother to me and the girls, she was my mother's best friend

So we still don't know each other well, I mean Alex and Simone never met me

Have u heard of Take 3?

Yh, my manager wants me to do a collab with them...that's why I'll be in Atlanta

Alex, Simone and me are Take 3 so you'll get to meet them

Frfr, nigga don't be playing ne

I'm frfr on this one

Ill be definitely coming down

After my lil text session with Star, I looked up and saw Hakeem staring at me.

Hakeem: Is Atlanta part of spending time with me?
Me: Nigga it's for a few days—
Hakeem: With some lame ass group?
Me: I've know this girl since I was in the system! Don't come out ya neck, Hakeem!

I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. This nigga slapped me so I slapped him back.

Me: I'mma take off that hand, see what you do without it.