14

Songs for this chapter:
In The Mood - Joe Garland
Favorite Things - Kelly Clarkson
Alright- Tow'rs
_________________________________
-DJ'S P.O.V

I had woken up when I felt the car come to a stop. I open my eyes and I seen that we were back home. It was getting late.

I was due to work soon. Michael and I go inside. I felt better after my nap, but I could still use more. I dressed myself in my work uniform and fixed my hair and makeup, although I typically loved my job, I wasn't looking forward to it tonight.

\\

I enter Blue Iridium and it's lively as ever.

"I'll catch up with you later." I turn around and face Mikey.

"Okay, I'll be here if you need anything." He nods and gives me a quick kiss before he finds a table for himself.

I go clock myself in and I start my shift. I'm taking orders, serving food, refilling drinks. Before I knew it I heard the start of In The Mood which meant I would be performing next. I finished up a few things that needed to be done. Collected a few tips, took a few more orders and I then took a minute to prepare myself. Even though I've been performing here for a few years I still got nervous.

When In The Mood was over. My manager went on stage and the piano player left the stage as the audience applauded.

"Alright... if this is your first time here... welcome, I hope your enjoying it all... at this time our very own Delilah Jane will now come up to song for you." My manager got off the stage and I went on.

"Good evening everyone. I usually just sing, but tonight I will be playing the piano and singing. This is My Favorite Things."

The jazzy intro starts, I'm thankful that the piano part wasn't very prominent while I was singing.

"Rain drops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things."

I sang with all I had, while still managing to keep up with my piano part with ease.

"Cream colored ponies and crisp Apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things."

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Michael,  looking at me intently with a huge smile on his face.

"Girls in white dresses with blue satain sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt in the springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."

I had a small piano solo, it was quick. It was over before I knew it. I almost wish it was longer.

"Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."