Song for this chapter:
Everything - Kaptan
_______________________________________
Today was one of my days off so I thought I would spend it at a few of my favorite places. Right now I was walking to the closest Barnes and Noble. As soon as I enter through those green double doors and the smell of books is on my nose I'm immediately happy. I put my head phones in and I grab a book that I've been wanting to read, tucked myself away on of the couches in the furthest section in the store and begin to read.

I was so interested in the book I didn't realize that I was about 3 quarters into it when I received a text from Michael. When I read his name, I could feel my face light up.

"Hey, beautiful. :) are you home? I've buzzed a few times but no answer. Just wanted to see if you're okay."

We've been together for more than 6 months and he's still amazing as day one. His text was so cutesey, so I tried to be cutesey, but it didn't sound as good as his.

"Hey, sorry handsome, I probably should've told you that I'm not home. Currently at B&N."

I go back to my book, but interrupted by a text from Michael again.

"B&N? What is that?"

I could almost feel my jaw drop to the floor.

"You're kidding me right? You don't know what B&N is? Barnes and Noble?"

I go back to my book, but I then think that Michael would text back soon so what's the point?

"Well you could've just said Barnes and Noble. I know that. I just never heard or seen it abbreviated like that. Please don't break up with me. Lol."

"I don't knooow... I'm not sure if I can be with someone who doesn't know what B&N stands for.. I just might snag me one of the guys that work here ;)"

"Well good thing I just submitted an application in last week :P"

I laugh a little and roll my eyes and I resume my reading. About another chapter in, someone quickly plops themselves next to me. Which scares me shitless. I finally see the idiot, and it's my idiot. Michael.

"Jeez, you were like a pop-up book from hell." I say a little breathless and pull out my headphones.

"Well it's good to see you too, babe." He smirks at me, and gives me a quick kiss. "I just had to come scope out my competition. I mean if you are gonna leave me, I gotta make sure their gonna treat you better than I do."

"Then in that case, we should leave. We're just wasting our time if were looking for some one better than you." I blush

"Well now I know you're not as averse to seeing me as you used to be." He jokes with me.

"Ha-ha," I fake laugh, "Well clearly I wasn't so cogent back then. Probably too many cigarettes."

"Well are you almost finished here?" He asks while tapping on the book I was currently reading.

"I'm never done, the only reason I ever leave is because they kick me out at closing time. But I suppose I can leave a little early today." I say while closing me book, not even bothering to look at which page I was on.

"Good, well then let's go." He smiles not even thinking I jump right up and follow him out the store.

"So where are we going?" I ask him

"I thought we could go eat. Maybe an olive garden? I'm not sure, how do you feel about olive garden?" He asks

"Never been." I confess

"You've never been to olive garden? You are missing out. I'll take you." He says and with that he grabbed ahold of hand and started to lead me.

"Wait, how about we do something simple right now and then do something more sophisticated later?" I ask

"I like the sound of that. So what did you have in mind right now?" He asks me

"Chick-fil-A?" I raise an eyebrow

"Perfect." He smiles and then I started to lead the way.

We reach the Chick-fil-A, and we each order our food and just as I'm about to reach into my pocket for my money to pay, Michael beats me to it and has already paid the cashier.

"This is a date, im paying." He smiles at me and kisses my forehead. Such a sweet yet simple way to show affection. We find a booth to sit on, sipping our drinks and eventually the waiter brings us our food.

I start smothering everything in Chick-fil-A sauce. Michael just looks at me, intrigued, before talking.

"So what else is on the agenda today?" He asks and proceeds to eat a fry.

"Well after Chick-fil-A, I go to a music store and peruse around, maybe buy an album or two. Sometimes I go back to Barnes and Noble if I'm still thinking about the book I read or not." I pick up my sandwich and take a bite.

"And are still thinking about that book?" He smiles at me, and since I was chewing all I could do was nod my head.

We finish up our food and we walk hand in hand over to the music store. It felt weird and different. But it was a good weird and different.

We arrive at the music store. Instruments strung on the wall, various from sets have been assembled, and records and CD's filed neatly in rows. The Decemberist "The Perfect Crime #2" was playing through out the store. Michael and I then start going through the various Vinyls and CDs. Coming across classics like Pink Floyd, and Metallica. Newer music like Bruno Mars and Panic! At the disco. And I found Frank Sinatra. I immediately grab it.

Michael had found many he wanted. A few vinyls and about 2 or 3 CDs. I managed to find a few more vinyls. We pay for them and leave.

"So, do you still want that book?" He wraps an arm around my waist, kissing my temple as we walk along the sidewalk.

"I'm not sure, honestly." I say.
"Why not?" I raises an eyebrow
"Honestly, it was a good book but it was so cliche. I could probably guess the ending. And anyway I'm living in story better than any other book could ever tell." I look up at him and smile.

The look in his eyes melted any remaining ice in my body. He kisses me on my temple.

"So what else should we do today?" He looks at me.

I had a thought in my head. I mean we are in a relationship, and if this one ends badly, I more than likely won't ever date again. But I trust Michael... I trust us.

"I have an idea." I smile

"Oh really what is it? Just tell where and I'll take you." He looks at me with bright eyes.

"Oh no, no, no. I'm taking you." I emphasize.

"But today was and is  all about you." He looks at me with puppy eyes.

"And I can't thank you enough for today. But right now I wanna take you somewhere special and personal." I say as I grab his hand and place it near my face.

"One condition... after we go where you want to take me, you have to let me take you to your first olive garden." He gently removes his hand from my grasp, and caresses my cheek.

"Deal." I smile and smiles back. We hold hands and we take off in a sprint towards my car.