16

Songs for this chapter:
The Lady In Red - Chris De Burgh
The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller
______________________________________
-Michaels P.O.V

I secure the last button on my shirt and smooth it down with both of my hands. Tonight was a special night, and I had a special night planned. I checked my pockets to make sure I had everything for tonight, my phone, wallet, keys, and... as I'm checking all 3 of my roommates come barging in yelling nonsense with beers in hand.

Ashton wraps an arm around my shoulders, "Mike, my brother, you did it. You have officially survived one year in a relationship." He hands me a beer as he, Luke and Calum begin yelling more nonsense. We drink our beers.

"And I think we all know what a one year anniversary entails." Calum wriggles his eye brows and then proceeds to empty an entire box of condoms on my head, which makes more yelling erupt from the 3, I catch a few in my empty hand. We continue to drink our beers.

"And to think, over a year ago we all had the hots for Michaels girl."

"Alright, alright. Let's him go so he can get full use out of this entire box." Calum chidded.

They laughed and wolf whistled as I walked away.

"Go get 'er Michael." Is the last thing I heard as I walked out the door and made my way to her apartment.
___

I knocked on her door and she answered almost immediately, and she knocked the breath out of me. The Way she looked... the way her dressed hugged her in the right places, her makeup was a lot more done than usual her usual natural makeup. The Way her curls cascaded over her shoulders. She did all this for me...

She smiled and blushed when she realized I was in awe of her.

"Hi " she smiles at me.
"Hi." I choke out.
"Well are you ready to go or do I need to call my super if your stuck to my door there." She giggles.
"I'm ready if you're ready." I say
"I'm ready " she nods and she and I move out of the way so she can lock her door.
"Just in case you couldn't tell. You look amazing babe." I say as I grab her hand.
She smiles bigger, "Thank you... So what's first on the agenda tonight?" She asks.
"Well I thought we should get some sustenance at the finest and most gourmet establishment before the evening kicks off." I say, smirking.

"Ooh. Sounds Devine. Let's go." She says excitedly.

I hail down a taxi and tell the driver where to go. As soon as the establishment is in sight, I hear her laugh.

"You're right, babe. Only the finest and most gourmet establishment for me right?"

"Of course, I need to spoil my princess ." I kiss her hand, and I pay the fare and we get out of the taxi and enter chick-fil-a.

We give our orders and eat our food.

"Boy, am I stuffed. This was only phase one. I can't wait to see what's next." She says with a miscivious look.

We leave and I hail down another cab. Give the driver the address of phase two. Now en route to the next destination, I just hoped that she'll like it.

On the way there, there was this comfortable silence between us. She was looking out the window and just had this expression on her face. I couldn't quite pinpoint what she was feeling. I saw her take a deep breath.

I stretched out my hand toward her and I held her left hand, which was still adorning the ring I gave her some time ago. Her head slowly turned to me, she smiled at me and then leaned over to kiss me, to which I happily kiss back.