12

Songs for this chapter:
Fast car - Tracy Chapman
Home - Dustin  O'Halloran
__________________________________
  I'm speeding in my car, Michael grabbing on for dear life, tears streaming down my face, and I'm taking turn after turn, not even paying attention as to where I'm going. I realize soon that I'm near my secret spot

     "DJ, please slow down. You're going to get us killed for christ sake. Pull over!" Michael says somewhat calmly, his voice wavering, I know he's scared. I pull into my secret spot.

    " I DONT FUCKING CARE, MIKEY. I'M GOING TO DIE ANY WAY."  I yell, probably shredding my vocal cords in the process.

    "Woah, calm down. What do you mean?" He asks.

    "I'M DYING MICHEAL. I HAVE CANCER, AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO." I yell some more, tears rolling down my cheeks now. I have never cried in front of anyone before.

    "DJ, im sorry but wasn't that apart of your plan?" I had completely forgotten I had told him about my plan. I was surprised he remembered.

   "IT WAS MICHEAL, BUT YOU WEREN'T, YOU WERENT PART OF THE PLAN, AND NOW THIS MESSES UP EVERYTHING." I put my head on the steering wheel, im in a full break down now.

    "I'm sorry..." I know he probably feels uncomfortable, and useless and I'm sobbing away.

   "I'm in love with you... I FUCKING LOVE YOU." I'm just a fucking mess at this point, and he's looking at me now, with creased eyebrows.

"DJ, please look at me?" He says softly.

I whip my head towards him, he places one hand on my cheek, his thumb attempting to wipe away the stream I have just created on my face. He pulls my face towards him, and he puts his lips on mine. He starts off softly, I didn't kiss back right away but once I realized what was happening, I kissed back, and I just melted into him. The kiss was now getting deeper. 

      When we pulled apart, our foreheads didn't part, and Michael spoke. "By the way, if you couldn't tell.  I love you too. God, I've loved you this entire time." As soon as the last vowel left his lips I started to kiss him again.

I was a lot more needier than usual. I knew what I wanted. I needed a catharsis and a cigarette wasn't going to help me right now. Still kissing him
I go over the middle consule so that way I was straddling Michael. I had a feeling between my legs I had never felt before. He pulls away from our kiss, slowly.

"Before this goes any further, are you sure about this?" Michael asks me, looking deep into my eyes. 

I nod, "Ive never been so sure of something of my life." 

he nods back and he resumes to kiss me. 

\\

   I start making our way back to my apartment. 

Once we arrive, I unlock the door and I look at Michael.

"I have something to show you." I grab ahold of his hand and I stand near my piano. 

"Okay?" He looks peculiar. I then take a seat on the bench. 

"Remember the first time you came over and you asked me if I knew how to play, I said no that it was just for decoration?" I say biting my lip as I lifted the key cover.

    Michael nods, "Well I lied." I say, blushing. 

"Why did you lie?" He asks

I shrug my shoulders, "I just lost the passion for it, but lately it's been coming back..." 

before he can say anything. I start to play Dustin O'Hallorans "Home". The piece was one of my favorites. It was so simple but the melody makes it sound so complex. I skip part of the beginning so I could get into the main part which was my absolute favorite. My fingers pressing the keys and the pedals, it was all coming back to me. As I played, I gained memories when my parents were still here. The days of my childhood that were now invisible to me. When  the worst pain I felt was going to bed at night not begin able to see my parents until morning. Then that changed when the news of what happened to my parents came to me...

   I wasn't even able to finish the piece... I had stopped just after the bridge. I could now feel the tears on my face. The fact,that I was dying... the fact I would never be able to marry Michael, never bear our children, grow old with Michael. I'm dying... im dying. I'm dying. Im dying. Im dying.....

I place my head on Michael's left shoulder.

"Remeber that first night I.... I took you to my little hideout?" I ask, and he nods, "And I had said I wasn't going to wait any longer and was gonna do what I've always dreamed of doing," I ask and he nods again, "I was planning on applying to Juilliard. Go play professionally."

Everything I had just went down the drain. My cancer had progressed too much.. cancer.. I have cancer...