Request - Christmas Love

Start from the beginning

"Thanks. But you don't have to start acting just yet; it'll be a little bit before they open the door, it always is."

Tyler shrugged, "Might as well get into the act before they catch us off guard, y'know?"

They heard the door click, followed by the door opening. A woman stood at the door, and her eyes lit up at the sight of the two. "Honey, Bryce and his date is here!" She called into the house, most likely to her husband. She hugged Bryce and kissed his forehead before going over to Tyler.

Bryce wasn't expecting Tyler to be so willing to hug him mother. His mother seemed pleased though, chuckling and giving Tyler a kiss on the head too. "Well aren't you just a sweetheart! Come in, come in! I don't want you two to freeze out there." They were ushered inside quickly and their coats were pulled off.

Bryce's father walked into the room, and Bryce stopped breathing for a second. This was one of the main things Tyler had to get right, and if he didn't, they'd be done for.

His father looked Tyler up and down. "He's quite the brute, I'll admit," he chuckled.

"Depends on the view point, sir," Tyler said. Bryce's father smiled before looking back at Bryce.

"I already like him," he said, winking. He turned back to Tyler and held his hand out. "Call me Rick." Tyler took his hand and shook it.

"Tyler." Bryce let out the breath he was holding.

One obstacle out of the way, thank god.

Tyler glanced back at Bryce and sent him a wink. Bryce rolled his eyes slightly and walked up next to Tyler and cautiously grabbed his hand (just for the effect, he told himself) as they followed his father into the living room. "Bryce, sweetie, can you help me with dinner?" His mother called out from the kitchen. Bryce knew there was no way of getting out of it, so he sent a you better not fuck this up or I swear to god I will hurt you look to Tyler. Tyler sent back a chill the fuck out, I got this babe look (the "babe" part was from the wink that Tyler sent him).

As Bryce left to help his mother, his father turned to Tyler. "So," he began, "how did you two meet?"

Of course that was the first question he would ask (Tyler nearly snorted at how cliche it was). "You do know of Brycey's YouTube career, correct?" Tyler asked, making sure that they knew what it was before he continued. His father nodded. "Well, I've got a channel too. Our friend Ohm - well, Ryan - introduced us to each other. We just kind of hit it off soon after." Rick nodded, pleased with the answer.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Bryce's mother was bombarding him with questions. "He seems like a nice boy," she was saying. "Handsome, too. How did you manage to find a man like that?" Bryce scratched the back of his head, blushing a little.

"Heh, sometimes I don't even know how I did it." She chuckled and kissed Bryce's cheek.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Bryce tensed up. Why didn't he expect that question? It was going to come up sooner or later.

"I, uh, I guess I was just nervous, you know? I didn't know if you guys would like him or not." His mother's face turned from a look of confusion to one of understanding.

"Ah, okay. Don't worry sweetie, I was like that too when I met your father." Bryce let out a breath of relief he didn't know he was holding.

~~

The four met back up in the kitchen when dinner was done. Bryce and Tyler sat at one end of the table while Bryce's parents sat at the other side. It was a comfortable silence, and Bryce was thankful for that.