Request - Allergies

Note: Requested by amber_sketches. I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

Pairing: Vancat

Evan walked into Tyler's kitchen, taking in a deep breath. "Oh my god, it smells amazing in here. What are you making?" He asked. Tyler chuckled and motioned towards the oven.

"Cookies." Evan's previous smile grew when he heard the word.

"Tyler, you are the best, you know that?" Tyler laughed just as the oven beeped.

"Perfect timing," he said as he pulled them out. Evan looked at them with a longing desire. "Evan, I know that look. You can have some, but wait until they're done, okay?" Evan nodded eagerly, doing his best to restrain himself. Tyler rolled his eyes and made sure that Evan didn't eat one and burn his mouth. After a couple of minutes, Tyler finally let Evan have a cookie.

"Yes! I love you man," Evan quickly said before grabbing a cookie and taking a bite out of it. He smiled instantly and hummed. His smile fell right after and he looked at the cookie. "Tyler, what kind if cookies are these?" He asked worriedly.

"Peanut butter, why?"

Evan froze at the words. He tried speaking, but words failed him as he started getting light headed. "Hey, Evan, are you okay?" Tyler asked, concerned. Evan opened his mouth to say something, but he wasn't able to, as the cookie fell out of his hand as soon as his legs gave out and he passed out.

The last thing he saw was Tyler rushing towards him, calling his name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evan woke up to a soft beeping noise in his ear. He groaned quietly and opened his eyes slowly. He closed the immediately, as the light blinded him. He waited a minute or so to get used to the light before he opened them fully.

He realizes that he was laying in a hospital bed. He tried sitting up, but failed. He went to his looking around the room.

That's when he noticed Tyler.

Tyler sat in the chair next to him, sleeping softly. Evan tried sitting up once more, but didn't give up this time. It hurt, but he finally managed to do it. "Tyler?" His voice was extremely hoarse, but apparently Tyler heard because his eyes fluttered open immediately.

"Evan...? Evan, oh my god, are you okay?" He asked, sitting up quickly.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I think. What happened?" Tyler's face went a bit pale when Evan asked.

"You had an allergic reaction to the cookies I made. Evan, I'm so sorry, I had no idea that you were allergic to peanut butter." Evan stared at Tyler as the memories flooded back. Evan grabbed Tyler's hand and looked him in the eye.

"Hey, Tyler, it's okay. It's not that big of a deal-"

"What do you mean it's not a big deal? Evan, you could have died, and it would have been my fault!" Evan grew silent. Tyler ran a hand through his hair as he sighed. "I'm sorry Evan, I really am."

"Stop apologizing, it's not your fault."

"But it is my fault! I didn't even bother to think to ask if you were allergic! I could have lost you, Evan. And I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had killed the only man I ever loved!"

Tyler froze after the words left his mouth. Evan stared at him, taken aback by the words. Evan then pulled Tyler closer and kissed him with all of his strength. Tyler cupped his cheeks softly, as if the slightest touch would hurt Evan.

Evan pulled back because of his need for air. He looked up at Tyler with a small smile on his face. "I love you, Tyler. And even if I was dead, I would still forgive you." Tyler blinked before pulling him into another passionate kiss.