War

Note: Based off of one of Vanoss' videos. Moment starts at 0:33. I hope you enjoy this long one-shot!

Pairing: Sp00noss

Evan listened to the sound of the plane bumping along in the air as he was slightly thrown around in his seat. He fidgeted with his hands, a nervous habit he had picked up from his mother.

"Hey, you okay man?" Evan looked to his right, seeing the man sitting there looking at him with concern. Evan sighed and dropped his hands.

"Yeah. The nervousness always gets me before these," he admitted with a laugh.

"Ah. I get it."

"How many times have you been deployed?" Evan asked. Nick shrugged.

"This is like, my third one." Evan nodded.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Nick."

"Evan."

"Nice to meet you, Evan." Nick smiled, and Evan returned it. They went quiet again, and Evan started to doze off.

Evan was in dreamland when Nick started to shake him. "Come on Evan, nap time's over. We're gonna land in 20 minutes." Evan's eyes snapped open, but closed again as he yawned.

"Damn. Can't we wait another hour or so?" Nick chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"I wish. Now get up and get your shit together. It's gonna be a long day." Evan did as he was told, grabbing his gear that was shoved underneath the seat and putting it on.

"How long are we gonna be here again?" Evan asked.

"A couple of hours. Probably somewhere around four." Evan wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"Ugh. I wanna go home already."

Nick chuckled, "Don't we all."

A soldier came out from the front, telling everyone that they were landing in a minute or so. Everyone had their gear ready when the plane finally landed.

As soon as the door opened, everyone filed out. Nick stood in front of Evan as they walked out.

They all lined up, standing straight as their Sargent told them what was going to happen. Once the spiel was done, they all ran to the trenches, guns out and ready.

Evan found himself next to Nick, which made him feel a little better.

"Remember to not get to comfortable, Ev. If they catch you relaxing, they'll have your ass."

Evan laughed, "Yeah, I know."

They talk quietly for about an hour or so, stopping every single often when one of the Sargents was near.

"How much more time you think we got?" Evan asked. Nick shrugged.

"Maybe an hour or two, maybe three. Who knows." Evan sighed.

Suddenly shots were heard, making Evan jump.

"Shit, enemy up ahead!"

Evan squinted. He could barely see the enemies at the other side, shooting at them.

"What are you waiting for? Go go go!" Everyone got up and rushed towards the enemy line. Evan followed behind Nick, trying to find cover. Evan tripped over something, falling the the ground.

A bomb near him went off, and Evan covered himself as best as he could. A shrill ringing filled his ears, and he could barely hear anything else. He looked around hastily, his vision blurred. Evan started hearing faint yells and screams, but it didn't get better. He stood up wearily, almost falling again. He looked around for cover, quickly spotting a barrier he could use. He ran towards it, bullets flying past.