Hostage Cry

South Central 2006

Vivyana packed the bags for her and Arnani while running around the room in a rush looking for other things she might miss.

"Where's Thomas, fuck. THOMAS!" Vivyana grabbed Arnani's jacket putting it on her as Thomas came dragging his suitcase into the room.

"Mommy is G coming with us?" Arnani looked up at her mother's bruised face while gripping onto her precious teddy bear.

"No baby." She looked down at her daughter seeing a glimpse of herself and her heart tightened, she teared up and kissed her forehead. "Come on babies." She picked up the two suitcases and backpack while leading her kids down the stairs..and just like she walked down the stairs the devil entered his hell home.

"Hey ba- Why the fuck you got these suitcases?" Greg looked at Vivyana and his children they all look terrified of him.

"Greg I'm leaving you." Vivyana moved down the stairs and he followed her each step blocking the door, she sat the bags down and put the kids behind the bags.

"No the fuck you're not." Greg stepped closer and she flinched backing away. "Baby don't go I'm sorry, I won't hit you again." Greg pulled Viv into his arms and held her tight.

While the devil held his Eve she squirmed helplessly, begging to be let go. He'd said that before "It wont happen again" he swore, he begged and pleaded.

"Let me go Greg!"

"No Vi! You not leaving me!"

Arnani hid behind the wall with her brother while their suitcases stood around them like a shelter, Viv stood there wrestling her way out of Greg's tight grip with a black eye and busted lip she got last night. This wasn't love and she couldn't lie to herself to say it was. He was hurting her mentally and physically.

"Get off of me Gregory now!" Viv pushed him and he stumbled a little while she hurriedly opened the door.

"Thomas get your sister let's go!" Tottie grabbed Arnani's hand and a suitcase but Greg snatched Arnani back holding her. She screamed frightened by her enraged father, she'd already seen what he was capable of and didn't want it to happen to her. Vivyana looked back at her daughter seeing herself again.

"If you leave me I'll find y'all Viv." Greg showed the gun strapped on his waist and V looked down at her daughter then outside to her freedom slowly she sat down her bag and closed the door.

"Just please let her go G." She said defeated, G let her go and hugged Viv tightly as tears streamed down his face.

"I love you baby, don't go."

Arnani watched her mom as she stood with a blank stare and rubbed G's back. Vivyana wanted nothing more than to go, she knew she was better than this she deserved more than what he gave her. She wouldn't dare leave her children with him not like this not when she knew he was capable of things like this, she looked at Arnani and Thomas then back down at Greg who had himself wrapped around her body holding her while sobbing like a man child.