Heartbreaks Cry

South Central 2014

"You know the usual, don't tell your mother or I'll kill you." Big G spoke as he buckled his pants, he left a wad of cash on my bed as I laid there with tears streaming down my face, I turned onto my side  getting a terrible shot of pain, it was deep, my face hurt, my area hurt my body hurt. More than anything my heart hurt. 

"Here take this pill." G spoke handing me a white pill, I looked at him and looked at the pill. I took it and put it in my mouth swallowing it and closed my eyes until he made his exit.

"Nani, get up." Quay said shaking my head, I opened my eyes and yawned sitting up, Quay walked to the bathroom putting on his shirt and I heard the water run.

"I don't want to go back Q." I said getting teary eyed, that dream brought back horrible memories.

"Why?" Quay said coming out the bathroom brushing his teeth with his pants off, I lost track of mind and bit my lip staring wondering what was in there. He began snapping in my face.

"Yo." I blinked and looked at him. "Quit staring at my dick, why you don't wanna go home?"

"Nobody wants me there so why go, they won't even realize I'm gone." I shrugged getting out his bed.

"They gonna spazz, you been here since last night, it's time for you to go home, ya know my momma love you but not dat much." He chuckled and I fake laughed getting up putting on my sweatpants. 

"Hurry yo slow ass up." He grumbled grabbing his keys.

"Don't rush beauty." I flipped my hair and posed, he pretended to take pictures of me.

"Yes boo werk it!" He said placing his hand on his hip.

"You're a mess." I laughed throwing on my jacket, we headed out the room and headed to the door, nobody was home except us. 

"Where's mom?" I said looking around. 

"She's at work, come on slow ass." Quay grumbled walking out the house in front of me, I followed him out locking the bottom lock before I closed the door,  he opened my car door for me and I got into the car and thanked him as he closed the door and got into the driver seat. He started up the car and drove down the streets of South Central we passed a group of girls dancing and doing the cat daddy, I laughed at that old dance as we passed a group of boys rapping on the sidewalk, we started reaching closer to another part of  town and I saw unfinished building that would never be finished, I saw women walking down the street in minimum clothing and then I saw boys slangin' dope by exchanging handshakes with other men, I also saw a woman sitting on the sidewalk with her son they both looked hungry and distressed. Quay looked at what I was looking at and pulled the car over.