Arnani's Cry

Big G was the reason the people cried, he was the reason people's blood flowed through our sewers. 
"Staring down at us like he's GOD." Her voice rang out in bitter disgust.
Big G sat in that room, in that big house, on that hill that over looked the city that he could look down upon, he was the reason I cried.
A few hits at first, I was fine, then it became a few strokes and my lying.
My mommy cried and screamed, she watched him bring home the women and the weed.
"Shut up and watch her do what you can't" He'd say, the lady would please him as my mother's heart broke forced to watch.
"Fuck you Greg!" A scream then a slap, a bang and bam.
It never stopped in that house on the hill in that city, South Central LA. It was never a good day.

South Central 2012 December 

"Happy birthday beautiful." Quay smiled and handed me a dozen tulips, smiling to myself I hugged him. 

"You remembered," I felt my voice croak a bit, my mother didn't say happy birthday neither did Tottie, they always forgot.

"Of course, it's hard to forget you." He smirked and mushed my head, I swatted at his hand and walked ahead of him. 

"Wait up ugly." He jogged to catch me.

 "I was just beautiful  two seconds ago, fake." I mugged him and he laughed licking his plump pink lips, I felt my heart skip a beat as I watched him do it, I turned my head looking straight ahead.

 "You're always gonna be beautiful." He spoke lowly thinking I didn't hear him. 

"Huh? What was that?"

"I said you been ugly." He laughed and held the door open for me as we walked into the school building, I sighed already hating school. He joked around with me while spinning his ball on his finger as we approached my locker.

"Boy you're so goofy all the time." I laughed and shook my head taking off my coat putting it into my locker.

"You like my goofy ass." He smirked and looked down at me as I looked at him we looked each other in the eyes smiling a little.

"Hey Quay!" The loud high pitched voice brought us out of our trance and I looked over to see Keyonna and her friends looking at us, I rolled my eyes and looked through my locker for nothing, everybody heard lots about Quay and Keyonna messing around multiple times, I had to admit it did hurt me a little and make me a little jealous but he wasn't mine he was just my friend so whatever. 

"Hey Key." He responded dryly twirling the ball on his finger, she walked over stepping in between us pushing me a little. "You see her standing there Key, you needa say excuse me." Q told her.

"Mhm, 'cuse me Armani." She said rudely perking the corner of her lips up looking me up and down. 

"It's good, Thotynna." She glared at me.

"Bitch don't get smart."

"I don't plan on getting dumb." I retorted, Q shook his head and stood between us. 

"What you come over here  starting shit for Key." He groaned.

"Baby I ain't starting nothing, it was her." Keyonna pouted touching on Quay chest. I rolled my eyes and laughed closing my locker as the warning bell rung. 

"You gonna come by and see me later?" Keyonna asked smirking in a flirting way, Quay looked at her then me and I began to walk away.

"I can't Arnani birthday is today." Quay said. "I'm finna get to class Key." He said following me and jogging to catch up.

I mentally smiled to myself and kept walking with him beside me. 

 After school Quay and I walked to my house he dribbled the ball the whole way there telling me he's still planning on going to the NBA someday.