Brother & Sister Cry

South Central 1998

Tottie sat outside the room nervously while his mother screamed and groaned in pain. It was late December in the middle of the night when he was awoken by his mother who screamed he instantly called 911 thinking the worst.

"Hey little man." The smooth deep voice was familiar and Tottie looked up at the figure of his father.

"Hi." It was silent between the two except for the occasional groans and cries coming from the room his mother was in, two big men came and stood a few feet away from his father while he stood away from Tottie. Even from a early time there was a distance and broken bond between the two. G became what his father was, a face with no personality or story for his son to decipher.

The screams ceased and a baby's cry broke the silence a wave or unreadable expressions passed over G's face as the nurse came out and bent down to Totties level.

"Ready to see your baby sister?" She smiled and held his little hand.

"It..it's a girl?" G said nervously, the thought of him having a daughter made him nauseous. The nurse nodded enthusiastic and smiled at him, he took a sigh of relief and sat down while the nurse took Thomas into the room.