Glass dreams part 1

At midnight when I would rather sleep and escape the day, I think my brain goes against me on purpose. Because I think of everything all at once instead of sleeping. News of what happened that night had been going on for days. They said everyone had been killed and that there were no survivors. Colys said that was just a ruse and that they were all probably in a witness protection program. A soft snore came from the other side of the hotel room. Tears trickled down my face and not wanting to alert Colys, I got up and went to the bathroom. As soon as the door shut I slide to the floor and screamed into my hands. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING! IT'S MY FAULT HE'S BOTH DEAD! DAD! DAD!  I'M SORRY! WHY COULDN'T I SAVE HIM? WHY? WHY? WHY?  My nails dug into my hands and my throat felt as if I couldn't swallow. A raspy voice whispered throughout the bathroom. I stopped crying for a moment and looked around. 

"Speculum tui clamat ad me audies. Venite ad me et ego dabo vobis diffent te faciem team." the whispers spoke again

"Where's it coming from?" I open the bathroom door and peered out to  the sleeping figure on the bed. Colys had yet to move. I went back in the bathroom and shut the door again. 

"Speculum tui clamat ad me audies. Venite ad me et ego dabo vobis diffent te faciem team." it said a bit louder. I stepped in front of mirror and opened it. Nothing. The mirror vibrated and I jumped back startled. It swung closed slowly making a creepy creaking noise. My reflection stared back at me and I realized since I cleaned the blood off my face that the cuts weren't as serious as I had thought. After a couple days of driving nonstop the swelling in my face went down. The only thing that looked pretty bad was the bruises. They littered my face and made me look like a hoodlum. Nervous stares had followed me every time I went into a store. I closed my eyes and breathed out softly. Calm down

The room suddenly shook and I slipped on the floor. When I opened my opened my eyes again the light no longer lit. I stood up and steadied myself on the sink. The yellowed wallpaper was now dangling off the wall in different places. The toilet was missing entirely or maybe the mountain or glass was the toilet. The sink and bathtub looked like it had not been washed in years though I suppose it didn't look too much different than before. Green water filled the tub halfway. It stank and bugs snugged up close to the corner or the wall. The thing that made me uneasy was how clean the mirror was. Everything in here was covered with gunk and a fine layer of dust. Even the floor. The mirror was sparkling clean. Not even a smudge was upon it. A luminous white glow shone through it and it lit the bathroom. I put my had on it and was filled with a warm feeling immediately. The light shined brighter and brighter and brighter. I walked closer to it and it was to late when I realized my hand and half my arm was engulfed in it. I wanted to pull away but then again I didn't want to. So instead of struggling I eased myself into it more. My other hand first and then my arm. I took a deep breath and submerged my head. 

I arrived on the other side of the mirror in a different bathroom. A familiar bathroom. I looked in the mirror and even I looked like nothing had ever happened to me. A knock came from the door along with a much missed voice. "Arius your foods gonna get cold. Hurry up!" I looked at the door petrified and before I knew it I was swinging the door open and engulfing the person behind the door with a crushing hug. 

"Mom?" she hugged me back and chuckled

"I was only gone for a day. Did you miss me that much?" I let her free from me and checked her appearance. She looked the same. Is this real?

"Unbelievably so. I missed you so much I thought I would die." 

"Well I'm back now love. Let's go eat."

"What's on the menu?" I asked with a big grin. 

"Omelets! I'll race you to the kitchen." she said already running. I followed behind and  soon caught up. We both made it to the kitchen at the same time and stumbled at the doorway. 

"Hun do you want some coffee?" 

"Yes please love." a grumbly just woke up voice whispered. I looked over and stared. Dad? He's supposed to be dead though. Dad!  

"You okay Aruis? Why are you crying?" he asked. I'm crying? I touched my face and sure enough tears wet my fingertips.

"Yea... my eyes are just watering."

I sat down at my seat beside Ezra who was happily eating her eggs. 

"Wait, why are you home though? Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"I took a day off to run some errands." 

"Oh..." 

I went to take a bite of my omelet when something caught my eye. My hope diminished immediately.

"This is all fake, right?" 

"What's fake?" my mom asked.

"This. You. Here."

"Arius what are you talking about?" my dad spoke this time. 

"My real mom wouldn't put mushrooms on my omelet. I'm allergic to them." I sighed "My real dad wouldn't take a day off work because he's a workaholic." 

The world glitched in and out like a television with a bad signal. Then after a few moments the beautiful dream shattered like glass. I was alone in a pitch black room. 

"Have you realized it now?"