Mirror

"Arius. Arius wake up." someone said shaking my shoulder. I picked my head up from the desk.

"I'm up"

"You've been checked out of school."

"What? Why?"

"Go find out." Mrs. Harris said. Her breathe stank of eggs. I got my stuff and walked out of the classroom. At the office I asked where my parents were and they said they already left. I walked outside and looked around spotting my mom's beat-up red van. I jogged and hopped in the car quickly.

"Why'd you sign me out? "I asked and turned to look at her. Only it wasn't her face I saw but a demon. I scrammed to get out but he grabbed my head and slammed my face into the dashboard. One time, two times, three times. He stopped breathless and cracked his knuckles. I felt lightheaded and started to fall forward. He launched forward and caught me. 

"Just sit back and relax Arius. I guess I went a bit overboard." his voice was getting farther and farther away.

"Mom?" I said as the world went black.

.................................................................................

I stood in a black room. It could've been a different color but it was too dark to tell. 

"Arius, Arius, Arius, Arius." voices of different tones repeatedly spoke. I looked around, straining my eyes but nothing was there. Plop.  The voices stopped. Something fell from the sky. It was shiny and gold. I picked it up and saw it was a mirror. I looked up from were it fell but nothing was there. I inspected it and looked at my face through the mirror. I've never really just looked at myself in a mirror before. On the handle something was carved into the handle.

My inner demons play. My inner demons fight. I see my inner demon through the mirror and prove them that they are right. I read

The mirror's glass surface started to shatter into a million pieces. I dropped it and stepped away. The glass swirled in the air forming into a glass skull. Black string-like goo fell from any open hole on the skull. It captured my gaze and I sank into its gaze. We stood there staring at each other.It vibrated and growled each time I tried to move. It inched closer and closer to my face. I couldn't take being this close and started to run. Its veins grew and swarmed after me. It caught me faster than humanly possible. This wasn't even human though. It held me in place with its veins and pulled me fast torwards it. It covered my body and soon was on my face. I screamed trying to get away as it invaded my mouth and eyes. 

"I am you and you will accept me." It said gravelly.