Darwin Ellery

The air hit my lungs with a brick each time I inhaled. I have to get away. I have to hide before he finds me. My side started to hurt and my heart hammered off in my head. Each step pounded into the ground like an echo. The clouds grumbled and barked. As I ran across a feild, I stepped in a hole and tripped. I just layed there for a good while, crying into my hands. She's dead and I couldn't do anything for her. I screamed letting my anger out. Rain sprinkled down from the sky. I'm scared.

Detectives P.O.V.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. BEEEEEEEEP. You know who it is. Say what you have to say already.

"Hey Darwin I think we have a lead on the Dice killer here in Kentucky. It's not good. We found a woman here less than 2 hours ago, dice in the place of her eyes."

I picked up the phone "I'll be there as soon as I can." then hung up.

We picked up the trail of the dice killer four years ago. By trail I mean the victims. Each one died in a somewhat different way but his trademark was always there. Their eyes were taken and dice were glued in their place. Scores were carved into their wrist, like 5 points to me 3 points to you. It never goes past five so I guess whatever the scores represent, it ends at five points. My guess is that it represents a game. Anyone could have made that assumption though. The dice, the score it all fits. One problem though is how do you catch a game maker. He never stays in one place and never leaves behind any evidence. He doesn't kill specific people they're all random. Old men, young kids, teachers and IT workers. I've worked on this from day one and still have not caught up with the guy. We were only close once but he was a step ahead of us. I lost six officers that day and I have yet to stop paying for that day. The look on their family's face was heart wrenching but we all knew the consequences that day. We had a witness who said they saw the culprit. We checked the cameras and traced him all the way back to a warehouse. At least we thought that it was him turns out he was just a pawn to lure us in. As soon as we walked in everything had gone to hell. He was in the center of an open room, his back to us. We calmly told him to turn around with his hands in the air. He turned and thats when we noticed the bomb strapped to his chest. 

"He said to tell you guys that it's been a bomb of a day but all days come to an end." He said crying. We tried to calm him down and stop him but in the end we couldn't do anything.

Arius P.O.V.

I somehow made it home. My parents were already asleep and I'm glad they were. I thought I was going to lose my mind. This morning when I woke up I was surprisingly calm. What if it didn't happen and it was all just a dream. I got ready for school bit noticed my bag missing. I probably just left it at the nursing home. Buzzing came from the kitchen.

"Mom what are you doing?"

"Making you an energy booster. Another late night?"

"Yeah." I chuckled nervously "A rough one." 

"Here now hurry up you're gonna be late. Dad said he'd take you to school today." I hugged her tightly before I left

"Bye mom. I love you"

School went by fast today. I think that was just becuase my mind was elsewhere. The lunchroom stank of dishrags and fake chinese food was on the menu today. Fake chinese food was rice, broccoli and chicken nuggets covered in sweet and sour sauce. Coincedently it was one of the only things that even tasted good.

"Arius, my boooooy. Did you hear what happened last night?"

"No, what happened." I said drinking my milk.

"A serial killer struck again last night." I choked and started coughing.

"HAHA you good man." 

"Yeah I'm okay. Who died?" 

"I don't know some blonde chick."

Blonde.Blonde.Blonde.Blonde.She has blonde hair. Had  

Hey there Manovic here. Tell me how you think it's going so far and what you think Darwin should look like. Todays chapter is a bit boring but at least you get to finally see the new character. I am trying my best I hope you like it.