Cured

(Josh's pov)

After learning the results, the doctor allowed us to see Tyler before he would awaken from the effects of the medicine they gave him.

The recovery room was quiet. Except for the nurses communicating with the patients.

I felt so relieved that Tyler is alive. Seeing him in a deathly state was awful. Your own friend lying in a coffin looking to be dead. It was a tragic scene.

But when we saw Tyler sleeping, it was different. I couldn't stop looking at him. Laying in the hospital bed with a gown on and his eyes closed.

I remembered that I still had the white rose. So I placed it into his hands. Then I leaned down and kissed his fingers. I wasn't sad. I was happy.

A few minutes later, I heard the sound of Tyler waking up. He felt something in his hands. He looked down just a tad and saw the white rose. He picked it up and sniffed it.

I watched him with a few joyful tears running down my cheeks.

"Josh." He faintly said.

I quickly came to his side.

"Tyler." I replied back. Tyler reached up and touched my cheek. He started singing to me.

Shall I stay, would it be a sin
if I can't help falling in love with you.
Like a river flows surely to the sea
darling so we go
some things were meant to be
Take my hand
take my whole life too
for I can't help falling in love with you.

We started singing the verse together.

For I can't help falling in love with you

I smiled upon my boyfriend and I leaned down and kissed him.

(Tyler's pov)

My family watched as me and Josh embraced each other. My mom was so happy to see me stable again.

I no longer have to take any medicine or wear a heart monitor. My Cardiomyopathy was gone forever.

I am officially alive. And it's all because of Josh. And the works of God. I'm proud to have a family and a great boyfriend.

Now that I'm cured, I can finally be normal. When I got back to school, Josh and I stayed extremely close.

We went to Prom this year and we were voted as best couple. Despite us being gay.

I've never been more happier in my life. It feels great to be alive. And I'm alive because of Josh. He saved my life. And so have my family.

Stay alive everyone. |-/