The Homecoming Dance

(Josh's pov)

Tonight is the Homecoming Dance. So me and Tyler signed ourselves out early to go get ready.

When we got outside and into our car, Tyler got out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I forgot to call my mom and tell her that I was going to your place."

"Oh." I said.

Tyler called his mom and told him where he was headed. It took only a couple of seconds to call. After he hung up, he smiled at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"She said yes."

I smiled and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

We got to my house a few minutes prior to leaving the school. I quickly jumped out of the car and ran around to Tyler's side and opened his door. He had just unbuckled, so I took his hand and we both ran inside.

When we entered the living room, we saw my mom sitting on the couch ironing my penguin suit for the dance. She saw me and Tyler holding hands.

"Hey boys." She said.

"Hey Mama Dun." Tyler said. "I came here with Josh to get ready for the dance tonight."

"Yeah." My mom said. "Josh told me that you both are going."

I smiled at my mom.

We proceeded to go upstairs to my room. Tyler sat down to catch his breath.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah." Tyler said. "My heart is acting up. And I forgot my tux."

I smiled at my boyfriend.

"Here. I said. I'll go over to your house and get the tux for you. You just stay here and relax."

"Okay." Tyler said softly.

We kissed before I left.

I went over to Tyler's house and knocked on the door. Tyler's sister Madison answered the door.

"Hello Josh." She said.

"Hey." I said. "Your mom knows that Tyler is with me. And he said that he forgot his tux. So, can you get Mama Joseph to bring it to me?"

Madison nodded and went into the house. The door remained open.

(Tyler's pov)

I waited patiently for Josh to come back with my tux.

Eventually, he did. It only took about a few minutes for him to return.

When he walked in, he came over and kissed me.

"Happy now?" He said.

I smiled at Josh.

"Yes." I said.

Around 4:30, we put on our tuxes. We got ready separately so that we could surprise each other.

We eventually walked out of the bathroom to look at each other's looks. Josh wore a pitch black tux with a black bow tie. He dyed his hair red and wore red eye shadow on the top bottom of his eyes. I wore the same tux but with a neck tie. I even put black body paint on my hands and neck.

We couldn't stop staring at each other.

"Wow Tyler." Josh said. "You look-

I smiled a little.

"Beautiful." He said.

"I hope tonight goes well." I said.

Josh held my hand.

"It will." He said.

He reached down and kissed my hand.

(Josh's pov)

We arrived at the dance around 7:30, which was a few minutes after the dance started. I got out of my car first to go over to Tyler's side. I held his hand and helped him out of the car.

The music was wonderful and the lights were bright.

"You ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah." Tyler said.

Together while holding hands, we walked into the school to the gym where the dance was being held. Everyone was dressed formally.

When we walked into the gym, all eyes were on us. They had never seen two boys walk into a dance before. But before anyone could question our appearances further, slow and peaceful music began to play.

Tyler and I looked at each other and we walked to the center of the floor. I held Tyler's hand while placing my other hand his waist. He held my hand and placed his other hand on my back.

Together, we began to waltz. Tyler and I looked into each other's eyes. The felt a strong connection during this romantic moment. It felt as if we were in another world.

The other kids couldn't believe how peaceful we were during this dance. They moved out to the outside and gave the entire center for me and Tyler.

Suddenly, the music started to get stronger and yet faster. So me and Tyler started dancing faster. I spinned Tyler across the room once then we regained each other.

I even lifted him into his arms. I didn't want this night to end.

Not at all.