Finding Out

(Josh's pov)

I listened to Tyler's words. Everything that he said was what I was planning to tell him. He told me that he loved me.

"Tyler I, I love you too." I told him. "Why didn't you tell him sooner?"

"I was scared." Tyler said. "I thought you wouldn't want to be my boyfriend."

I smiled at Tyler and kissed him on the lips quickly.

"I do now."

Tyler and I reached out and kissed again. I felt so happy. I was the happiest boy in the world.

However, during the romantic moment, he let go of me and looked off. He seemed sad.

"Tyler?" I said with my hand on his shoulder. "Is everything alright?"

Tyler looked back at me.

"There's something else I need to tell you."

(Tyler's pov)

I took Josh upstairs to his room and we sat down on his bed.

"Josh, I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time." I told him. "But the reason why I held it back is because I was scared."

"Don't be." Josh said. "Whatever you have to say is fine with me."

I took a deep breath. I started sweat and some tears ran down my cheeks.

"Josh, when I was 14 years old, I was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy. It's a heart condition that damages my heart mussels and it doesn't function enough blood to my heart. I've been through so much to keep my heart functioning. I've checked my blood pressure regularly, I exercise every week, and I even wear this heart monitor to track my heart."

Josh didn't brake down and cry. He just listened.

"Are..you..gonna....die?"

"It's uncertain at the moment." I told him. "The doctor said as long as I take medicine and check my blood pressure, I may be okay. But right now, we're not sure. But I promise you Josh, I will do everything I can to stay alive."

Josh had tears roll down his cheeks.

"Please Ty." He said.

He hugged me and he didn't want let go. I kissed his shoulder softly. He looked up and touched my cheek. Then we began to kiss.

Josh realized that his parents weren't home. So we took off our pants and shirt and got into bed together.

For the first time since I found out I got Cardiomyopathy, I felt so happy to be with someone that loved me and cared for me.

I realized now that I really needed to take care of myself so I can live. I know I'm gonna live for Josh.

I will live.