Falling Away

(Josh's pov)

When I woke up this morning, I felt awful. I haven't been able to sleep well ever since Tyler told me about his heart failure.

I've even got up in the middle of the night to take a few tablets of Melatonin to make me go to sleep. My mom allows me to because that's my sleep aid.

When I got up, I saw my mom sitting at the counter with her coffee.

"Good morning Joshua." She said.

I didn't want to eat breakfast because I was so tired.

"Kelly informed me about Tyler." Mom said. "I'm real sorry about that."

"Yeah." I said while organizing my stuff for my book bag. "He's gonna try to live.

"I hope so" Mom said.

I went out the door and got into my car and headed to school.

When I arrived, I expected Tyler to be by the doors and we would walk in together. But, he wasn't there.

When I walked into school. He wasn't anywhere in the hallways. And he wasn't in any of my classes. Not even at lunch.

I was so suspicious and scared. So during break time, I snuck into the bathroom to text him.

To Tyler: Hey babe. I didn't see you at school today. I'm real worried. Can you please tell me your okay? I love you!

I put my phone back into my book bag and headed to the rest of my classes.

After school, me and Tyler would usually ride to my house or his house. But, he isn't with me.

I checked my phone once I got into my car. And I saw that I had no reply. So I texted him again.

To Tyler: Tyler? Can you please answer me? I'm real worried about you. I love you so so much. ❤️

He told me that he loved me and that he was gonna try to live for me. I hope that's true.

I started the car and made my way back home. When I got there. I saw my brother Jordan hanging with my two sisters.

My mom and dad were at the counter talking with each other. They saw that I have arrived home.

"Hey Joshua." My mom said. "Did you see Tyler today?"

I ignored her and went upstairs. Once I got into my room, my mom came afterwards.

"I asked you a simple question Josh." She said real sternly.

"I didn't see him okay!" I yelled back.

I felt tears coming through me. But I held them back.

My mom sat next to me.

"Do you want me to ask Kelly about Tyler." She offered.

"No." I said. "I can figure it out myself. I just hope my dear boyfriend is okay."

"I hope so too." My mom said before kissing me on the forehead.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me."

My mom left the room. I stayed alone and wondered if I would get a reply.

Before bedtime, I texted Tyler once again.

To Tyler: Tyler, please stay alive for me. I love you. ❤️

Once I put my phone on the night stand, I laid down on my bed and allowed the tears to come through. Then I fell asleep.

(Tyler's pov)

I laid in my bed all day because I felt weak. It felt as if I was paralyzed.

I wanted to check my phone but, I just couldn't move. Not one bit.

Later on at night, I was able to get out of bed and check my phone. I saw the two text messages sent by my love Josh. But before I could answer them, I got a text from my mother.

From Mama Joseph: Tyler, if you are feeling well, please come downstairs to be with us. It may be the last time you'll ever see us.

When I read those words, I felt heartless. I had no heart because it is failing. But, my needed to be with my family.

While I was coming downstairs, my mom, my dad, my sister Madison, and my brothers Jay and Zack were watching me.

They were so happy to see me. My mom was smiling so bright that it made me smile.

However, when I started walking down the hallway, I realized that my heart had stopped. My breath was leaving me. Everything was fading away. I could no longer see the room I was standing in. Or the eyes of my family.

I collapsed.