Stay Alive For Me Tyler

(Tyler's pov)

The color was coming back to me. I was waking up. I heard beeps and saw that my arm was stuck to an IV tube. It felt like a bendy straw.

I wasn't in my pajamas. I was in a hospital gown. I was not in my bed. I was in the ER.

My mom and my dad were standing over me. Madison was sitting with Jay and Zack. My mom wiped a hot wash cloth over my head.

"Oh thank goodness you're alright." She said with a sigh of relief.

I was breathing normally. But I couldn't feel my heart beat.

"Where, where am I?" I barely asked.

"You're in the hospital." My dad said.

"You passed out." Mom added. "Thank god we got you here in time."

"Where's Maddy?" I asked.

When she heard her name, she came to my side.

"I'm here Ty." She said while rubbing my cheek. "I'm here for you."

"Same here bud!" Jay shouted with his hand up. His other hand was holding his phone.

"Quiet Jay!" Mom ordered. "This isn't our house."

Suddenly, two nurses came in.

"Hello Tyler." One of them said. "You feeling better?"

Mom and Madison helped me sit up.

"Yeah." I said. "But heart doesn't feel like it's beating."

"We have your cardiologist here." The other nurse said.

They moved out of the way and allowed the cardiologist to come in.

"Hello Tyler." He said. "I heard about what happened."

"Yeah." I said. "It was a bit scary."

"While you were out, we did an immediate Cat-scan on you to check your heart." The doctor said. "We have the results."

Madison made a stern look to tell Jay and Zack to put their phones away. The doctor put the pictures up on the computer and we looked at them.

"Your heart has decreased in beats because of some blockage in your aorta." He said while pointing to the picture. "Because of this, your heart can no longer pump blood to the heart. And as you can see, you can a few clots. Their not big, their just miniature. Because of this, your heart is more than likely gonna fail."

Mom felt herself falling to the floor. Dad was able to hold her. My siblings were in shock. So was I.

"No, there has to be another way!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry." The doctor said. "Your heart is at the brink of failure. There's nothing else we can do."

Mom sniffed.

"How long does he have?"

"We're not sure." The doctor said. "Just go home and make sure that he's comfortable. Again, I'm sorry to bring this to you."

The doctor and the two nurses walked out. I couldn't believe it. My doctor had abandoned me to die. How am I gonna tell Josh? How is he gonna take it? I don't know.

My mom allowed me to go to school for the afternoon classes to see Josh. When I walked in, nobody asked me where I was or how I've been. They just walked by.

Beyond the long hallway was my love Josh. He was standing by the water fountain.

(Josh's pov)

I looked up and saw my dear boyfriend Tyler. He was walking so slow. I have never seen him so weak.

I ran to his side and hugged him.

"Oh Tyler, where have you been?" I asked.

Tyler kissed me before he could answer.

"I was in the hospital." He said.

"For what?"

"I passed out last night." He said. "My parents took me to the hospital. And my cardiologist was there because I was supposed to see him this morning before school. And, he delivered us some bad news."

I started shaking. I was so scared.

"What did he say?" I asked.

Tyler had a single tear run down his cheek.

"My heart is failing." He said. "There is too much blockage in my heart. And because of that, my heart can no longer pump the blood. The doctor can't do anything else to help me."

"No. It can't be true." I said with a few tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm dying Josh." He said. "But I don't want to."

"You won't Tyler." I shouted.

"I'm gonna try to live." He said. "I'm gonna try to fix this."

I placed my hand on Tyler's cheek.

"Stay alive for me Tyler."

Tyler put his hand on my cheek.

"I will."

We both kissed. But it was quick because Tyler went into his backpack to get something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Tyler got out red drumsticks.

"I wanted to give you these while you were at my house the other day. "It's yours."

He put the drumsticks into my hands.

"You're giving me your drumsticks?"

"These are your drumsticks." He said.

I couldn't believe it. He would give me his best drumsticks.

"Wh-what?" I said.

"These are yours Josh."

"No Ty." I said while crying.

I was so happy that I just couldn't except it. I leaned onto one of the lockers.

"You and your family have given me so much in my life." I told him. "I just don't deserve this."

"You deserve everything Josh." He said.

I cried into his chest.

"I love you Tyler." I said while crying. "My whole world revolves around you. If I didn't have you in my life I don't know what I'd do without you. I know we've fought and had rough moments in our relationship but I swear to god I love you more than life itself."

I was so happy and so sad at the same time. My boyfriend is dying from Cardiomyopathy. And he's gonna try to live.

"I love you Tyler." I said to him again.

"I love you too." Tyler said while crying as well.

I couldn't let go. I just couldn't. I couldn't stop telling him that I loved him. He meant everything to me. I don't want him to die. God please don't let him die.

Please.