White Rose

(Tyler's pov)

The weekend is halfway over. I have been staying with Josh ever since the Homecoming Dance. I just couldn't leave him. I love him. I have been feeling a lot better lately. I hadn't had any pains in my heart and I was able to walk normally on my own.

Towards the evening, Josh and I went out walking through the woods. We held hands as we walked.

"Have you been feeling better?" Josh asked.

"Yeah." I told him. "I mean, I still have to live with this illness."

"You'll be okay." Josh said. "I know you will."

Josh looked off. But suddenly I felt him touch me then run off. I started laughing and I chased him through the woods.

We couldn't stop laughing. It was so much fun. I managed to jump on top of him. Luckily he didn't hurt his back. Josh smiled at me.

"You're good." He said.

Even though I was still on top of him, we started kissing.

(Josh's pov)

As nighttime arose, I realized that Tyler needed to go home. So I helped him up to his feet and we proceeded to leave the woods.

But suddenly, I saw a beautiful white rose blooming on a bush. I walked over to it and picked it off the bush.

Tyler watched. He thought I was gonna give the rose to my mom or one of my sisters. But instead, I gave it to Tyler.

He smiled while looking at the beautiful flower.

He looked at me.

"Thank you." He said.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Tyler and I got back to my house. He got into my car and I drove him home. Before he went inside of his house, he looked back at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said.

I smiled and nodded. Then I mumbled stay alive to him quietly. He was able to understand what I said.

He mumbled I will to me the same way. I smiled and nodded.

(Tyler's pov)

Josh drove off and I walked into my house. All the lights were off. Which meant that my parents are asleep.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom. Before I could walk into my room, my mom approached me. She had those hair curl cuffs in her hair and she wore a robe.

"Why are you so late?" She asked.

I held out the white rose Josh gave me. My mom loved it so much.

"It's beautiful." She said. She walked into my room with me. I took off my shirt and slipped on some boxer shorts.

"The doctor said he wants to see you tomorrow before school." My mom told me.

I nodded at her.

But suddenly, everything started to go blurry. I felt dizzy. Then I felt myself hit the floor. Everything went black.

The last thing I heard was my mom shouting Chris! Get the keys!