VII.

Jayland pov

It's Thursday now and I can't stop thinking about how I  have a doctor's appointment, meaning I could leave school early. Maybe I'll move to Colorado so I can get some weed and not go to jail for it.

I was in gym class which I love.  Well I'm not supposed to be in gym class, but Coach E was used to me skipping.  She was fine with us being in her class to take our health tests and participate, since we were usually skipping her class when we are supposed to have it. I was just missing choir. The class that I just take for an easy A.   Iwas about to have that class changed to Spanish that I took all of my other years. I just decided this year I'd do something different, but I can't sing for shit though.

Tariasia

"Ughhhhh."

Zee, Scarleta, and I are all complaining because we were in stupid gym class. Well at least and Zee and I are.  I know Nyese and Paula would be complaining too, but they sadly weren't in our class.  Scarleta is over there with her white friends enjoying her self. She has no reason not to like gym since she was flexible like most of the white girls in our gym class. Mostly the reason why we don't really talk to Scarleta during this class.

"Okay everyone it's time to play dodge ball!" yells Coach E.

Who knows what the E stands for but I wasn't trying to find out. Coach E was really nice and was married to this guy. this really hot guy. She may be a woman but don't call her Mrs. E because there is some other math teacher called Mrs. E so Coach E hates it. She probably hates Mrs. E the math teacher too.

The things I hate most about gym are dodgeball and volleyball and Coach E just loves volleyball, but compared to dodgeball it was sunshine. I just wanted to get this over with.

"Everyone grab a partner from the opposite sex," hustles Coach E. I guess she changed her mind about dodgeball.

But there is one thing I kinda like about my class. My gym class is the only one that has boys and girls in it. All the other classes are separated. So it's easy for boys who aren't even in our grade to get mixed in with our class and just play basketball or join our game of dodge ball.  How great! I hope you know what sarcasm is...

Jayland pov

My niggas and I are just standing here wondering who we shiuld pick for partners when Rakee grabs his girlfriend, Jayla.

I see my nigga Michael run over to Zaeanna and she just says "Nigga!"
I think I saw Tari crack a smile.
"Ugh, fine. Why not?"

I can't believe it! Zaeanna just agreed to be partners with Michael! If that nigga had a chance I did too.

That's it I was gonna do it, but then I saw Jayla go over and start talking to Tari. Oh hell no. How was I supposed to do it with her there? Oh well. Fuck it!

Tariasia pov

Jayla had just told me the funniest shit ever. All day she's been talking about her ex, Jayante, and his new girlfriend, Alaina. Apparently she was wearing the same exact outfit as she had yesterday. She thought it was disgusting, but she didn't think Jayante was gonna say anything to her. But to her surprise he did! And then Jayla was like that's just wrong that's your girlfriend. And I'm here like you were talking about that bitch all day!

A couple seconds later Jayla's story is interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Jayla and I turn around and Jayland is standing right behind us.

"Yo wazzup?" he says dapping Jayla up even though he was looking dead at me.

"Uhm nothing," says Jayla, since I was being an idiot and not responding. I just giggle to let him know I was actually paying attention.

"So Tari...You wanna be my partner?"

I hesitated. I had no Idea what he was talking about. Did Coach E say something about partners?!

"Yeah sure," I say, smiling.

Jayland pov

"What's up?!" says Jayla. Probably wondering why I pulled her away from Tari.

"How do you know Tari?"

I am confused as fuck and I need some answers.

"Oh she lives next door to me. We go way back," she says, popping her gum.

"Oh."

"Why you ask?"

Ugh I should've known Jayla would be nosy.

"Just wondering."

"Well how you know her?"

"She's friends with my sister. You know, Nyese? She's in the same grade as you."

"Oh her! You know I don't know her. I'm smart and in honors classes and all but she's in this whole other special program. So I don't know like 1/4th the people in 9th grade. It's been that way since middle school and you know it. Tari just knows a lot of people because she lives near most of us and not near the people in her class. They just aren't her-"

I see Rakee motion for her.

"Well you know what I mean but I gotta bounce."

I say bye, but she can't hear me. She already has Rakee's tongue down her throat.