XV.

Nyese

It was finally time to go to laser tag with Zaeanna. I had no idea who else she invited, but I guess I'll find out.

"I can't wait till-"

"We get to laser tag!" Says Tari, interrupting my singing of Beyoncé songs. Nowadays they're all so...nasty. Still amazing tho.

Like like liquor like like like liquor. We pull up at the spot and hop out of the car. Tari and I walk in and see Zaeanna and Edward laughing.

Tariasia

I look around the room and assume Michael hasn't gotten here yet. Zaeanna waves Nyese and I over to where she's standing.

"Wassup my niggas!" she says, dapping is up.

"Nun mane," says Nyese.

"You hype?"

"Duhhhh girlllll," I stand there as Nyese and Zee conversate.

I can't believe this. It was hard enough pretending I didn't know Edward when I met his girl friend. For real, how could I not know him?! He was my best friend's ex!!!! I guess Olivia didn't know that.

"Uhm, Ed can I talk to you for a sec?" I say.

"Yo, y'all gotta make it quick, we about to go in," says Zee.

"Aitee."

I pull Edward away from the counter and near the door. "What are you doing here?!"

"Well I'm tryna hang out with my friends if you haven't noticed."

"Nigga. You know that's not what I meant!"

"Whatever."

"Nigga, it was hard enough pretending like I didn't know your crazy ass!"

"I ain't ask you to do that shit!"

"Well nigga you better do something!!"

"Like what ?!" What did I want him to do?

"Does Olivia know you're here?!"

"Nahh. Is that a problem?!"

"Nah...." I say, I couldn't deal with this nigga anymore. I turn to go back to our group when he grabs my hand.

"Aye, don't cry," He says, as I realize my eyes are watering up.

"Nigga, Im not!"I say, shoving his hand away and heading towards them.

"TIME TO GO Y'ALL!!!!!" Zee yells at us.

"Stop yelling at me!" I hiss, scrunching up my nose.

"I'M NOT YELLING IM TYPING!!!" she screams, laughing. Gosh this nigga was silly.

We all walk into a dark room with the instructor and the other team. I had no idea what they looked like, since it was so dark. We are the red team and they're yellow.

"Okay so put the..." Starts the instructor as I grab a gun and vest that has the number '4' on it.

"Lets do this shit nigga," I whisper in Zee's ear. I dont play when it comes to laser tag. I glance at Edward and pretend I'm shooting him.

"Go!" yells the instructor, and all of a sudden we are all running toward the room.

I started to execute our plan. "Seek higher ground," I whisper to Zee and Nyese.

I run up the stairs and around the corner and hide behind a window with a mirror beside it. Why was there a mirror?!

We executed our plan excellently. Nyese and Zee kept going up more stairs, so when the yellow team got to my level they could hit them from ahead. We used Nyese and Zee for up high because they were the best at aiming on our team.

Michael was the best at ducking and hiding and Edward was the best at shooting up close and running, so they were on the first level. I was..... I don't know, good at planning I guess, so I waited on the second level. I had discovered everyone's weak spots and strengths, except for my own.

So Suddenly my vest and fun started flashing meaning I could finally shoot. Too bad there was nothing to shoot at. I hear a whole bunch of guns clapping, assuming it was Edward and Michael. Then I see red lights, which mean you have been shot too much and can't shoot for a while.

I assume it was someone from the other team, unless the other team was oh higher ground, meaning they probably just hit Edward like a dozen times.

I see about 3 guys approaching my level when Nyese and Zee hit them a couple of times from above and the other team can't shoot back from that far away. Nice! Major strategy props to me! Then I see one of the guys that Nyese and Zee were shooting at vests turn red.

Then the other guys start running this way towards me. They disappear, running in different directions. I turn around and there's one behind me, well infront of me now.

Stupid mirror! Why did I hide near a mirror?! I lift up my gun to shoot, but the light from my gun shines in the person's face, and it's Jayland! I stand there in shock while he shoots at me.

I don't know what happened, but my best didn't turn red. I look behind me and it's Edward, shooting at Jayland. Talk about nice timing. "Come on!" Says Edward, pulling on my shoulder. I don't budge, so he's technically dragging me.

Thankfully, I only got shot a couple of times and neither of us turn red. "Thanks," I say, as I split away from Edward and run. I shoot this other nigga and turn him red. since the light is glowing bright red now, I can see its Rakee. "Who would have thought?" I say, sticking my tongue out at him.

I just stand there for a second, since he can't shoot me. He's always talking about how he's a beast at laser tag. Ha!

I run away and see Jayla. Wow! We keep shooting at each other, ducking under things, and moving around. Oh fuck it, I don't have time to play games. I run and move to upper ground.

I think II've found the perfect spot, but then I realized I'm cornered. "Fuck!"

They shoot me, alot, I shoot them back, but it's useless. I turn red.

"Paybacks a bitch!" says a voice, laughing. While my vest is glowing red light I see the figure, still standing there, and it's Ryan. "Whatever," I say, waiting for my light to stop glowing like I'm radioactive.

"SO Wassup?" He says. Wtf! Does he not see what's going on?!

"Nigga does this look like the time for conversation?!"

"You're right," he says, as my light turns back to normal and I realize Rakee is also behind me. Fuck!

Then my whole squad shows up and lights that bitch! "Yep paybacks a bitch!" I say, as both of there vests turn red. I run while I'm ahead.

Too bad I run directly into a dark figure. I start to shoot and they shoot back, then I realize it's just Nyese. "Girl stop! Lol!" We giggle and head in different directions, back towards the exit.

Looks like we won this battle!