Epilogue

We can't direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.

-unknown.

Hope you enjoy the music. Its really beautiful. ❤❤

This epilogue is written in third person.

The soft rays of the early morning sun made its way through the cotton drapes of the window, gently illuminating the room. The sweet fragrance of lilies mixed with the cool morning breeze made the day feel special already.

"Mm..." Anka said as she stirred from her sleep and popped one eye open. Instantly a small smile appeared on her face as she lay on her side and looked at a scene that warmed her heart.

In front of her lay two of her favorite people. Her nine year old son was sound asleep, his head resting on his father's chest. The rise and fall of her husband's abdomen seemed to oddly comfort her. The two looked so alike that Anka couldn't help feeling slightly jealous.

"Looks like someone is enjoying the morning view," Ammon whispered softly, his eyes still closed.

"Ammon, you're awake?" Anka whispered back, a little startled and surprised. She thought he was asleep.

"Yup," Ammon said, opening his eyes and smiling wide. Anka snarled. Somehow he always knew what she was up to which at times was really frustrating. He had done it so many times she didn't even bother asking how he knew.

"We should get up," Anka whispered as she stroked her son's head gently.

"We still have a little more time," Ammon whispered back and with his free hand he dragged Anka closer.

"Five minutes that's all," Anka whispered, closing her eyes and taking in the warmth of her baby and the man she loves. This was her favorite place to be in the entire world and she wouldn't trade it for anything.

*******

"Dalila, come here this instant!" Neith said angrily for the hundredth time to her six year old daughter.

"No! I want father to dress me," Dalila said from underneath the bed.

"Dal, come on. Father is busy now," Neith said, trying to control herself from bursting into flames.

"I want father!" Dalila said, moving in further. Neith had had enough. She was about to go under the bed and drag her daughter out but her ten year old son, Jibade stopped her.

"Mother, leave her to me," Jibade whispered to Neith.

He then knelt down,"Dal, please come out. I'll dress you if you want. We can't keep aunt and uncle waiting. Don't you wanna see Geb?" Jibade asked in a tone sweeter than honey.

"Geb is coming?" Dalila asked excitedly.

"Yes, he is," Jibade said with a smile. Dalila than came out from underneath the bed almost immediately and hid behind Jibade so she wouldn't have to face her mother's wrath.

"Dal why aren't you ready yet?" Aahotep asked as he entered the room looking confused. Dalila face brightened up immediately and she ran over to him with open arms. He picked her and she hugged his neck not willing to let go.

"Ask her. She was the one hiding under the bed and wouldn't come out until now," Neith said trying to control a temper that seemed to be stirring a storm before it turned to grumpiness. Dal always seemed to prefer Aahotep more than her. Was that normal or was she just a bad mother? She couldn't understand.