CHAPTER FIVE: Siblings

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Neith's Pov

The wind blew by gently, sweeping the leaves in it's awake. The sun was hidden behind the greying clouds that were fast approaching, creating the perfect weather that I loved to train in.

I looked around to see people smiling as they walked around and kids playing without a worry in the world. I smiled to myself. It sure hadn't changed much around here even though a new pharaoh had come into power. In fact it seemed to be even more peaceful than before. 

It had been almost three years since Aahotep had been crowned. He, like his father was a kind and wise king.

My mind transported me to when I heard father and Ammon talking about how he had managed to strengthened the borders and also how he made interacting between Amarna and the fourth cataract a lot faster by improving the speed of ships that sail on the river Nile.

I thought to myself that this 'Aahotep' who was still considered to be very young to rule was able to come up with such amazing strategies and shook the entire council and nation with his wisdom, than even I could achieve my dream. He seemed to give me a sense of hope.

Speaking of my brother, he had now become the next in charge after father. This too made me want to work even harder so I could catch up to him soon.

“Training hard are we?” came a voice from behind. I turned to find my brother leaning onto a nearby palm tree.

“What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be training the troops or something?” I asked, looking confused as I put my sword down.

“No, no, don't put your sword away. Lets spar,” he said, drawing his sword and coming closer.

I raised my eyebrows,“Did something happen?” I asked, slightly worried. 

He usually enjoyed watching me beg him to spar and when he does ask on his own cord it would be because he wanted to distract himself from some problem. Lately he had started sparring with me quite often. Something must be bothering him.

“Does something have to happen if I ask you to spar with me?” Ammon asked as he pointed his sword at me.

“Usually yes, besides the last couple of weeks you seemed to look um... a little lost,” I said, frowning. I had a feeling he was not telling me something.

He sighed, “It's nothing to worry about, just a bit of pressure from the higher ups. Now stop asking questions and let's see if you have improved since the last time,” he said with a grin, getting into position.

I shook my head in disapproval. I knew it wasn't as simple as he stated it to be. I wanted him to open up a bit more but I wasn't gonna push him. I'm sure he could handle whatever it was that was bothering him. Right now the only way I could help him was to take his mind of it for a while by keeping him occupied.

“Okay fine, but know that I'm always here if you want to talk about it,” I said as I picked up my sword. He gave me a genuine smile which made me feel better.

Right here we go.

Fifteen minutes later...

“Hey! That's cheating,” I said, glaring at Ammon, who was laughing hysterically. I rubbed by lower back as I tried to get off the ground.

“No, it wasn't,” Ammon said, grinning as he held out his hand for me to take.

“I can get up by myself just fine,” I said, swatting his hand away angrily. I dusted my bottoms and retrieved my sword that had fallen to the ground.

“Hey, don't be a sore loser. You know I'm right. You can't just use a sword, fists are part of the fight too,” he said, trying to hide his giggle.

“Well we weren't on the battle field, we were sparring and you don't use your fists when you spar!” I spat.

I had the upper hand and he went and used his fists to knock out my sword. I hardly saw it coming. I do admit that I was a sore loser but only cause he cheated. I turned around and started to make my way to our house. I didn't have time to argue with a cheater.

“Alright, alright I cheated, you win,” he shouted. I stopped, a small smile crept along my face. Turning around I poked my tongue out at him. Well he atleast admitted it. I waited till he reached me.

“I might have cheated but that's how you fight in a battle. You must learn to see through your opponent. Remember that while training,” he said in a serious tone.

“So you finally see me as a worthy opponent?” I asked, looking up at him eagerly.

“You're stronger in spirit then anyone I know, but even if I see you as an opponent you really can't join the army,” he said, messing up my hair.

I sighed, I knew it was an impossible dream. Even if I was the strongest person I still wouldn't be able to join but I won't ever let that get me down. Besides change is inevitable so I will change this notion set on us women.

“We'll see about that,” was all I said and with that we entered our house as the rain started to pour from the dark grey sky.

A/n:

Hii guys. Hope you enjoyed this chap. I wrote this to show the relationship between Neith and her brother Ammon. I think big brothers are awesome. Leave a comment if you agree or disagree.

If you liked the chap then please do vote for it by pressing the small star at the end of screen. It would really make my day.

Hope you guys have an awesome and amazing day. Love ya!! ❤❤