THIRTY FOUR: Kidnapping

Some people are so poor that the only thing they have is money.

- Unknown.

Hope you guys enjoy the song 😍😍.

Aahotep's Pov

I was sitting on my study going through some paprus, trying to concentrate but my mind seemed to be else where.

After Neith ran away yesterday I haven't been able to get her off my mind. I leaned back into the wooden chair, a small smile made its way as I remembered her face when I told her how I felt. I knew she felt the same way I did even though she hadn't said it yet. I wanted to check up on her but decided against it as she probably needed some time to process things. I was sure she would find me in her own time, hopefully.

I forced myself back up and continued with my work. There was hardly a week remaining before the treaty would be signed and there was still a bundle load of work and preparation that had to be taken care of. This wasn't the time to slack off.

**************

I let out a huge sigh of relief. I managed to complete the writing of the treaty successfully. Now all that was left to do was get the rest of them to sign it. I stood up and headed towards the balcony to get a breath of fresh air.

As soon as I was outside I took in a deep breath. The night sky was beautiful as always. The moon glowed faintly, emphasising the star lit sky. It looked as magical as it was yesterday.

I had this slight dab on my chest for a while now. Like something bad was coming. Perhaps it was just my imagination or the nerves from the night before finally started to settle in.

I felt the urge to check on Neith. It had been on my mind for a while. I suppose a small peek wouldn't hurt.

I headed towards Neith's room silently. To my surprise the door wasn't closed completely. Strange but that would mean I didn't have to disturb her. I would just have a look to see if she is fine and leave.

I made my way and peeped through the crack. To my surprise Anka was sitting on the bed looking though what looked like a book and there was no sign of Neith.

Normally I would have walked away but today I felt like I shouldn't. Maybe I should ask Anka where Neith is?

Without thinking over it I pushed the door and walked in. Anka looks up from her book and stands up right when she sees me.

"Your Highness," Anka said, bowing slightly.

"Hello Anka, is Neith here?" I asked, giving her a small smile.

"No, she isn't. I thought she would be with his Majesty," Anka said, a little confused.

"With me? I haven't seen her all day. Why would she be with me?" I asked, looking as confused as her.

"You didn't receive the note she sent you Sire?" Anka asked still confused.

"No, I did not receive any note from her. Why did she send me a note?" I asked, a small panic settling in slowly.

Maybe she ran away? Maybe yesterday was a mistake?

"She had written a note asking you to meet her in the garden Sire. She asked Maiu to give it to you," Anka said. I could see panic settling on her as well.

"When was the last time you saw Neith?" I asked, growing more and more worried.

"A few hours ago Sire. She had left to meet you and asked me to wait till she got back," Anka said, her voice strained slightly.