CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: A Shocking Discovery

Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

-Unknown

I have some good news 😆😆😆. Firstly, Neith has been ranked #13 on the hotlist which makes me really happy 😍. And second Neith has got over 1.5k reads so thank u guys for the massive support 😘❤. Please do continue to support the book 😊.

*******

Neith's Pov

The scorching sun of noon burned the air making me feel I was sitting in the oven as the heat baked me like bricks.
Sweat dripped from every inch of my body and my heart threatened to explode inside me.

Every muscle in my body begged to rest. Maybe for a minute?

No, I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I had to train. Train really hard so I could beat Aahotep in a duel.

He said I could challenge him once a day and I planned to get to know his techniques before actually going full on out with him.He was definitely strong so I had to put my hundred and twenty percent to even have a change of defeating him. I would get to the bottom of whatever it is that Ammon and Aahotep are hiding about father's death.

I suddenly felt like I was being watched, so I slowly turned around and saw someone I would have liked to avoid.

I stood still, planted to the ground. A small frown formed my face. Aahotep seemed different, his face read that he was angry. I wonder who would have angered him so early in the day.

''So do you like this place? To practice your so called skills,'' he asked in a tone that meant war.

''What do you mean by that?'' I asked, my frown deepening. I didn't like the tone he was using nor did I appropriate it.

''Of course you would get mad as soon as someone says anything bad about your fighting skills. Even though you're quite bad at it,'' he said, glaring back at me. What did he mean by that and why in the name of Aten was he picking a fight with me?

''Why are you picking a fight with me?'' I asked not backing away for the intense glare he was giving. I had to admit his green orbs seemed quite frightening but I definitely wouldn't just give in especially to someone like him.

''Picking a fight with you? You seriously think that the only job I have is to pick a fight with you? You have disobeyed every rule I made! You asked Ammon about Adio's death and who knows who else you've asked. You couldn't even act as if this marriage was real and now my mother suspects something is wrong. Tell me, can you do anything other than fling that damn sword around?'' Aahotep lashed out.

I was taken aback by the sudden outburst. He had never spoken to me so rudely before. He was annoyed at times but never screamed or vented it out. How did he come to know about what me and Ammon spoke about? Did he overhear it from the balcony? And his mother suspects the marriage? But I spoke to her pretty well. How could she have guessed? Was it that obvious that I hated this man? 

I looked up at Aahotep. His entire face seemed like it was ablaze. Damn! I really pissed him off this time.

''I swear on Aten himself that I acted just the way you had directed me too. I spoke very well to your mother. Regarding father's death, I had asked only Ammon of it,''I said, trying not to look intimated.

''If that were true then my mom wouldn't have felt that something was wrong. If you aren't able to do something as simple as these, how did you ever think you will be a warrior? I am very much disappointed in you,'' he said as he looked at me with disapproval.

His words burned through to the very core of my bones. Not the one where he was disappointed but saying that I wasn't fit to be a warrior just threw me off.

''Well I don't care if your disappointed or not. I will fight you here and now and prove to you that I am definitely capable of being a warrior,'' I said holding up my sword to him. I wasn't gonna hold back. I might not be able to defeat him but will make sure he acknowledges me and all the effort I had put into.

''You so desperately want me to prove you wrong huh? Fine, I'll fight you and show you how much of a difference in power we both are,'' he said and headed to pick up a sword. His words didn't intimidate me. A true warrior never says that they are the best, only fools do.  

We both took our places. I knew from the look in his eyes he was dead serious this time. I tightened my grip around the sword. I had to be careful and make sure I didn't repeat the mistakes I had made before. This time he attacked first.

Thirty seconds later the sword was at my throat. I could feel the tip scrap at my neck. If I even so much as shook it would pierce my flesh.

This was far more worse than the first duel. This was the first time in my life where I felt like all the training and hard work I had done was for absolutely nothing.

I couldn't match him at all. Whether it be in speed, grace or skill, I was no where close to his level. So this was his true potential. No wonder he was so confident that I would never win. Maybe he was right. I mean how could I when I couldn't even last a whole minute against him?

Tears threatened to fall. I had to hold them in. I couldn't, wouldn't ever cry in front of this man. The oy thing he couldn't take away was my pride and I had to make sure it stayed that way.

''I hope you understand what I mean and try and reflect on your actions,'' he said without a single hint of emotion.

''I will tell you one thing. You won't ever find out how you're father died because the one who killed him was me. And if you want to find out why then you know what you have to do. So it's really no use running around and asking anyone else cause no one would dare go against me,'' he said, his voice as cold as ice. He then threw the sword away and walked off like nothing had happened.

I stood there frozen from what I had just heard. Did I even hear it right? I had no idea for how long I just stood there, but my legs finally gave in and I fell to the floor. I was definitely going to puke but nothing came. No emotions came. I felt nothing. Just like how I  felt when I learnt that father had died.

Had I married the man who actually killed my father?

A/n:

Damn it Aahotep! That was rude not to mention a he was a total jerk when he said he killed Adio 😓😓.  How do you think Neith will react to this shocking news? 

Tune in to find out more. If you liked what you read then please vote by pressing the small star at the bottom 🌟. Also feel free to comment and do share this book with your friends to help Neith get more reads. 😊

Hope you guys have a great day 😊. Love ya!! ❤❤