CHAPTER SIX: Meeting with the Pharaoh

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

- Albert Einstein.

Adio's Pov

The night was as cold as ice. The cold breeze bit into my palms, making me curse out loud.

I was on my way to meet Aahotep. I wondered why he summoned me so late at night. It was probably something important or else he would have waited till dawn, I thought as I hurried passed the corridors silently.

The servants were already asleep so the palace was extremely quite. It was definitely a total contrast to the lively and noisy place it was during the day. To be honest I wanted to get out of here soon. It was far too silent for my taste. 

I finally arrived in front of Aahotep's chambers after a series of left's and right's along with a whole flight of stairs. Before I could knock, the door slid open and Aahotep stood in front of me.

He was dressed in a white cotton night gown. His pale brown hair was damp so it looked black under the torches that lit up the corridors. I wonder why he took a bath so late at night?

“Come on in,” he said as he held the door open. I walked in and waited for him to close the door. Even though I had been inside this room a few times, it still mesmerized me.

The beautiful red walls emphasized the huge room, making it look even more enormous. The magnificent art of various things like animals, sceneries and not to forget a huge portrait of Aahotep with his family along with various other pieces gave the room a spark of life.

The interior furnishings were just as marvelous, each a masterpiece as every piece was detailed beautifully. The huge bed was a sight to behold. Silk sheets were spread across it. It also consisted of a canopy that was as high as the sky itself. There was also a balcony which completed the room. The incense sticks gave the room a musky scent that I quite liked.

“I am sorry for calling you at this late hour, but it couldn't wait till tomorrow,” Aahotep's voice brought me back.

“It's fine, since my daughter was asleep there weren't any problems,” I said. If Neith was awake she wouldn't have let me go. I sighed, maybe I pampered her too much.

“So why did you summon me?” I asked, looking at Aahotep.

“Well it's about that thing we discussed the other day by the pond,” he said looking a bit concerned. I frowned at his words. If he called to talk about that at this hour then it wasn't anything good.

“Yes, I remember, what of it? Did you find anything new?” I asked uneasily.

“Well... I'm not sure. I did hear something that could be related to the recent uprising,” he said as we both took a seat.

“Tell me what you heard and then let's decide if it's related or not,” I said, looking serious. So this is why he had called for me this late. This was definitely something we couldn't talk about openly in broad daylight.

We spoke for what seemed like a really long time.

“Alright I shall look into it. Let's keep this between the two of us,” I said as I got up to leave.

“Sure, but I suggest to take someone with you just incase,” Aahotep said as he walked me to the door.

“No need too. I'm sure it'll be fine. It most likely is nothing so I'll handle it by myself,'' I said, exiting his chambers. It seemed like the sun would come up soon which meant it was time for the servants to get up. I should get going before that.

“If you think that's best than I don't have anything else to say,” Aahotep said, looking slightly concerned. I smiled at this. I had grown pretty fond of the boy and I guess so did he. He reminded me so much of his father in many ways.

I walked away and my smile faded. I hope I was wrong about this, but my gut told me otherwise.

A/n:

Ooooo... I wonder what that was about. What's was going on? A bit mysterious don't you think 😉. If you want to know more then stay tuned to find out. I can assure you things are about to get interesting soon 😏.

Anyway if you liked this then please do vote 👍, comment and share this with your friends and family. Have a great day 😘. Love ya!!❤❤