SEVENTEEN: Glimer Of Hope

Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.

-Michelle Obama.

Hope you guys like the song 😍.

Neith's Pov

The world seemed different, empty, distant. The sun's rays did little to warm the coldness in my heart.

My brother didn't come to the ceremony. I looked for him everywhere but in vain. Add in the marriage I hated and well you get a person who was devoid of any emotions.

I sat in my room that I was still getting used to even thought in had already been a month. It was in close proximity to Aahotep's chambers with bothered me quite a bit.

The walls at the front and back of the room were white with a thin gold pattern that ran randomly throughout the wall. The left side of the room was turquoise in color and the right side was completely open, adorn with silk drapes. It faced a small garden that radiated with a rainbow of colors and scents that could only be described as heavenly.

The furniture that finished this grand room was a huge bed in the center that could easily fit four people, a small table on the side that contained a few books and a oil lamp. There was also a study desk and chair made of oak and had simple, elegant carvings on them. Today though the room was filled with flowers, making the room smell like sweet aromatic perfume.

There was a full sized mirror at the corner of the room and lots of drawers that contained clothes, jewelry and makeup. I winced, I wasn't touching any of those ever.

Though it was a beautiful room it lacked the warmth of a home. It felt cold and empty and I felt out of place in it.

I wanted to talk to Aahotep about a few things but he was hurried off somewhere. He told me that he would listen to what I had to say after he came back.

Anger boiled inside me just remembering him. I hated the man. He robed me of my life, my freedom and my family, well the only one I had.

It was all his fault that Ammon wasn't talking to me. Sure I might have made him mad in the past and he would give me the silent treatment but he always spoke to me at the end of the day. To top it of he wont even tell me anything about father. What was even the point in this marriage?

I clenched my fist. He took what little I had. He will bear the consequences for it. I will make it my life's mission to destroy his peace.

I got up. I needed to train. Let off some steam. I had brought a few of my old clothes with me from my home. I quickly changed and headed out with my sword.

***************

I probably walked for fifteen minutes before I found the place Aahotep and I had fought. The place where everything began. I decided, this would be the place I would practice. It would always serve as a reminder of how I was defeated, making me push myself even more. And this would also be the place where I defeat Aahotep.

I walked around the empty place. It was still as quite as it was that day. I wondered why this place was so quite.

I stood at the center of the room, taking in a deep slow breath to calm down my emotions. Removing my short sword Bast from the sheath, I took my stance.

I began my usual training routine, just the way father had taught me long ago. I let out my angry and the sorrow of everything that had happened these past weeks into it. I was going to practice it until I dropped. That was the only way I could forget everything that happened.

Mid way of my practice I heard the sound of footsteps. I turned around, my brows in a frown. I thought Aahotep wouldn't be back until tomorrow. He said it might even take longer. But the one who stood in front of me was the last person I had expected to see.

Ammon stood near the entrance, his intense gaze sent a small shiver down my back. I swallowed hard.

Why was he here? Did he want to talk to me? Should I say something? Would he even talk to me if I said anything?

As I was busy overthinking things, he walked to the shack where a variety swords were kept. He picked one and headed towards me.

I watched him without uttering a word. He lifted his sword and took his position. I looked at him confused. He wanted to spare? After all this time he wanted to fight me and not talk?

At first I wanted knock out all of his teeth. He didn't even come to my wedding nor had he showed his face for a month and now that he has he wanted to spar, acting as if nothing had happened?

No! This is at least better than him avoiding you altogether, my inner voice whispered.

I bit back. Small steps. I could knock his teeth out later anyways.

Without saying anything I took my position and we began. Both of us weren't actually going full on out like we usually do. It was more of a friendly sparing match, well more like a light sparing match than friendly.

Non of us said a word the entire time, but the silence wasn't bad, in fact I felt relieved that the atmosphere wasn't tense. After about twenty or so minutes Ammon stopped.

He placed the sword back in its respective place and just before he left, he glanced back for a few seconds and then went down the stairs.

I just stood there with a giant grin on my face. He was definitely coming around. I didn't know how long it would get him to talk to me again. Hopefully soon. Maybe I should try talking to him first? But I was scared to face him. What would I say anyway?

******************

I reached my room a little after sunset. After I had exhausted myself, I went to the small garden that I could see from my room. I had spent the rest of the evening there just lazing around. I needed a bath immediately as I was covered in now dried sweat. If smell could kill I could have easily taken down an entire unit maybe even two. I forced myself to get up and headed towards my room.

After I took a nice hot bath I changed into my night gown. Now I didn't know what to do. My eyes searched the whole room, and my glaze fell on to the drawers. I remember doing a quick glance of it a few weeks back. Curious to see what layed inside made me get up and make my way over. Maybe I would get a good laugh at how ridiculous some of them might be.

I opened the first drawer to find rows of eye paste in many shades. So much so that I had never even seen a few of the colors before. How much eye paste could one possibly need?

I opened the second one to find slippers. All in leather and stitched perfectly for my feet. How did they even know what my size I was?

I shut the drawers and moved on to the cupboards. Hopefully it has at least one pair of clothing I could actually wear.

I opened it to find so many sparkling dresses again in a range of different colors. Each of them were designed so beautifully that even I was tempted to try on a few. A lot of stones and beads all woven together by thread made me start to appreciate the craftsmanship.

I shook my head. I wasn't gonna give into this feeling. Anka would probably appreciate them more than me anyway. I was about to close the last the cupboard when I heard a knock on the door.

Who could it be, I wondered. I walked to the door and opened it.

What in the name of Aten was this person doing here?

A/n:

So Ammon and Neith are finally starting to get along (even though its not much). And who did Neith encounter. Stay tuned to find out. 😉

Please to vote for this chapter 👍, comment and share.

Hope you guys have a good day. 😊✌