TWENTY SEVEN: Prank Gone Wrong?

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's about unbecoming everything that isn't really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

- Unknown.

Listen to the piece of music attached. It's really amazing. 😍😍😍😍.

Neith's Pov

The day of my birthday had arrived and I was slightly intimidated by the way the palace had been elaborately decorated.
Simply saying it is beautiful is putting it lightly, very lightly.

The whole palace was decorated in shades of blues', purples, reds', oranges', pinks' and every other colour to ever exist. The air was heavily perfumed by so many scents that it made me slightly nauseous.

I was positive Aahotep was planning something as all the neighbouring kingdoms were invited, but I didn't care. I was gonna make him regret this.

I was asked to stay indoors so I wouldn't tamper with the decorations. I rolled my eyes, he was over thinking too much. I wouldn't do something that menial.

I walked over to my bed and picked up a very heavy shiny piece of cloth. It was supposed to be a type of dress I had to wear for the evening celebrations.

I eyed the garment. I had to say it was quite beautiful but that didn't mean it was convenient or practical in any way.

The two piece dress type thing was a beautiful light green that seemed to emphasis my dark skin tone. The top half was plain and would reside two inches above my belly button.

The bottom was a floor length skirt which was in the same colour as the top but had a lot of detailed embroidery with studded gems.

To match this was a thick collar gold neck piece and a matching gold arm chain. If this wasn't enough already, I needed to wear a crown.

I looked at that head piece sitting on the side table of the bed. The Golden Crown of Egypt. There were two parts to it.

The first was the crown itself. The carvings on it gave the circular shaped gold piece an elegant look. The second part was what made this crown crazy. Two ostrich feathers placed on either side of the crown made it seem so huge. The tips were dipped in gold and hence it glittered from high above. Anyone wearing this outrageous thing would definitely get all the attention as soon as they walked in a room.

Most people would have been attracted to it but I wasn't. Wearing that would mean that I was queen and that's something I dreaded.

I placed back the top carefully on the bed and walked to the balcony. Looking out I saw all the servants run from one end to the other, preparing and cleaning the place. The gardens were watered and the bushes trimmed. Was it really necessary too do all this just for a birthday celebration that wasn't wanted?

I was lost in my own thoughts before a voice made me turn around.

"You should smile a little you know. It's your birthday after all," the woman who entered said boldly.

"Anka!" I screamed and ran towards her, throwing my hands around her neck and embracing her in a hug. She laughed and hugged me harder.

"You're late," I said, releasing my embrace.

"Well I was you know, talking with Ammon for a bit," she said blushing slightly.

I giggled, "ya sure, whatever you say."

She elbowed me in the gut and I fell on the bed crying out in pain. She rolled her eyes at my over dramatic play and made her way towards the dress.