Love me till eternity - Book V

"Romantic love is a passionate spiritual-emotional-sexual attachment between a man and a woman that reflects a high regard for the value of each other's person."     

****

"I wish I could turn back the clock. I'd find you sooner and love you longer." 

-------- 

"What are you doing here Shubham? Let me prepare dinner peacefully." Sakshi swats my hand when I reached my hand to her belly. I love to play with her soft little belly and I love to see her giggling every time I caress her belly with my fingers. But now madam is angry with me.

"Don't talk to me. go away." she yelled and went on chopping onions. She is solid mad at me. Now what should I do. I am in big trouble.

"Come on darling. You can't punish me for such long time. You know I was busy with important work that's why I couldn't find time to come with you."

"Minal and Tanuja came to movie with their husband. See how understanding and caring their husband are. I called your number but you kept it switched off purposely. How cruel was that. You made me feel down Shubham. How much I was happy and excited today but you spoiled everything." She said greeting her teeth.

"Look Sakshi, it was very very important meeting otherwise I would have come running to you. And why I am working hard, only for you and our baby's sake. I wanted to give all the facilities to my family which I never got in my childhood. Therefore I give priorities to my work first." I argued.

"It's okay. I got it now. You are always busy with your important work. There is no place for me in your goddamn busy life." She spat rudely.

Woah woah woah.... what's wrong with her? Why she is making fuss over simple topic. I shook my head. She was busily chopping veggies after onions, not even glancing at me.

ohhh now I get it. It's all because of her pregnancy. Mom once told me about it. There are mood swings during the period of pregnancy, women often get shot tempered, often cries on silly things. Now I am actually experiencing what mom was trying to explain me. Okay I should stay calm. She is carrying my baby, she is going to make me happiest man in world. At least I should bear with her tantrums. She didn't mean what she said, it's all because of those damn pregnancy hormones.

Dinner went in silence. I gave her peace she needed. Then I went to wash dishes, I couldn't help but hoped that she would forget her anger and come to talk with me but she didn't come.

After brushing my teeth when I finally entered my bedroom, I found Sakshi slept already. I climbed on other side of bed. I put blanket on her and placed good night kiss on her cheek before hitting my head to pillow.

She turned on my side and wrapped her arms around me and snuggled her head to my chest. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. I felt wet on my chest, oh God she is crying now.

"Sakshi talk to me. Why are you crying baby? I said I am sorry. I remember tomorrow is your check up and I don't want to miss it. That's why I didn't call off today's meeting." I said.

"I know shubham. I am sorry for what I said you bad. I didn't mean it. I just wanted to spend good time with you as much as I can. It's you only I have in my life. I am sorry for taking out my frustration on you." she said, her tears kept falling down.

"It's okay. it's okay baby. I am fine. Please don't cry. It's not good for baby and me." I said and cocooned her in my arms. I felt bad for her. She lost her parents in tragic fire accident when she was only 10 years old and taken care by her grandma. She too died last year. I understand her pain.