Chapter 43- The Move

You wake up to the sun peering through the window. You look next to you are are shocked at what you see. "What the f*ck why is Dan's foot next to my head?" You think to yourself. In the time that you have been with Dan, this is a first. His leg was thrown over your torso and his face was next to your cast. You try to sit up to wake him up, but your body melts down and aches. Your movement wakes Dan up. He notices how he's positioned and laughs, then coughs. He looks at you and his brow furrows. "Y/n.. what's wrong??" A concerned dan quickly sits up next to you. "I really don't feel well.." "well when we went to the doctor they said that it's possible that you have strep throat, but the test didn't come back positive.. we should go to the doctor again, and I should get myself checked out too... saying as we were making out a whole lot last night.." he smirks, kisses your cheek, then coughs. "Can you get me the pain killers?" "Sure, love" he gets up and walks out of the room. You text Joey and he responds immediately.
You: I don't know how I am going to tell him that I am going to Canada to film a serious for Netflix for about five months..
Joey: Netflix liked your idea?? And five months? I didn't realize that it would be that long.
You: yea.. I think he will be mad or upset..
Joey: well he may be upset that he's not going to see you, but I don't think he would be mad.
You: I hope he isn't mad.
You: me and him have been fighting a bit more recently. I'm not sure why.
Joey: oh I'm really sad to hear that.. you guys always seem so chill and stuff.
You: yea.. we don't really talk about us fighting, but if you ask phil or f/n, they've heard us fighting when we thought they weren't at the same flat as us. It's pretty bad.
Joey: aw honey...
You: I gotta go, talk to you when you get here to help us mooooveeeee
Joey: see you soon!

Dan walks back in and hands you the medicine. He notices your frown and raises an eyebrow. "You okay hun?" He asks. "Prince.." "wow that's an old nickname.." he laughs, then his smile fades as he looks at your sad face. "What?" "I just want to say that I love you and this isn't easy for me to say.." "What the f*ck are you breaking up with me??" "What? No!" He signs in relief. "Thank God, it's okay.. you can tell me.." "You know that script I've been working on for 5 years?" "Yes..." "well Netflix liked it and said they would produce it.." "holy shit... HOLY SHIT!!" He jumps up. "Congrats love!!" He hugs you and notices you're still frowning. "what's wrong?" "I have to go to Canada for 5 months.." "I will come with you!" "We just got this house, there's no way that phil and f/n could pay for it by themselves and you need to make gaming videos.. it just wouldn't work.. you need to stay in England.." "wow.. five months, eh?" "Are you trying to be Canadian, dan?" "I'm just trying to get you used to it." "So you're not mad or sad or anything.." "Well of course I'm sad that I'm not gonna live with you and that I will barely see you, but mad at you? How could I be mad at you for wanting to achieve your dream since you were a kid. What kind of shitty boyfriend would I be if I got mad at you for that?" "I don't know.. it seemed kind of justified in my head.." "wait.. you're going to be gone for our anniversary and for Christmas.." "and Phil's birthday.." you add. "But it's not like I'm gonna be locked up there. You can visit me and I can visit you. We can make this work." "We definitely can.." he starts smiling again. "I'm so proud of you!" He kisses you again. "We should go to the doctor before the others come." He mentions. "that would be a good idea.. can you get my clothes?" He goes into your bag and pulls out the outfit. "And maybe put them on me too?" "Anything for my little director." He helped you put your outfit on, which was essentially sweatpants and a My chem shirt. He got you your crutches and helped you out the door and into the car. "Stairs are no fun." Dan huffs. "Well in the house there's not nearly as many stairs to carry me up or down." "Amen." Dan gets into the drivers seat. He begins driving to the hospital and you ask him to stop for Starbucks on the way there. He helps you into the hospital and goes to the front desk to tell them why you're here. They tell you both to sit down and to wait for the doctor to be ready.
When they call you in to the room, Dan sits on the chair and you sit on that weird tall bed thing. Dan had to help you up. The nurse comes in beforehand and does the normal things that the nurses do. Blood pressure, which was low, temperature, which was high, and they swabbed your throat. They also checked dan at the same time and he had the same symptoms.