Planet Of The Dead Pt. 5

"Commander? Mission complete. Now, we've got to get back to the two hundred, all of us. Oh, don't be so daft. A captain can leave his ship, if there's a bus standing by" {Y/N} says, suddenly there is a bang.

"What the hell was that? Is this place safe? It's the creature. It's not dead."

"Maybe you didn't hit just one of them. If you hit a swarm?" the Doctor shakes his head.

"Do you mean if there's more on board?"

"This ship's built inside a metal sleeve. They can move through the infrastructure, all around us. And those things wake up hungry. Commander, you've got to come with us right now" {Y/N} says.

"Come back to Earth. We'll find you a home."

"And that's the word of a lady. Come on" the Doctor says, one of the Tritovores goes to a control panel. The stingray appears and eats him. The Commander raises his weapon.

"No, don't" that one gets eaten too

"There's nothing we can do. Run!" {Y/N} shouts, a while later the phone rings as {Y/N}, the Doctor and Christina are running down a dune, {Y/N} answers the phone.

"{Y/N}? Doctor?"

"Not now, Malcolm!" {Y/N} replies hanging up.

"At last. Where've you been?" Nathan asks as the three run up to the bus.

"Get inside. Get them sitting down. Now then, let's have a look" the Doctor says as the others run into the bus.

"So, what does that crystal do?"

"Oh, nothing. Don't need the crystal" {Y/N} says, as the Doctor throws it away.

"Oh, I risked my life for that."

"No, no. You risked your life for these. The clamps" the Doctor says, they magnetically attach to the wheels "one there. One there. One there. And one there" the three walk onto the bus.

"But what are the clamps for? Do they turn the wheels?"

"Yeah, something like that. We just need to fix this. Have you got a hammer in that bag?" the Doctor asks.

"Funnily enough."

"Phone, phone. Press redial" {Y/N} says as, the Doctor fixes the rest of the crystal assembly to the steering wheel "Malcolm, it's me."

"I'm ready."

"Ready for what?" {Y/N} asks.

"I don't know. You tell me."

"We're going to try to get back. But listen, there might be something following us. You need to close the wormhole."

"Would that be a compressed burst of feedback on a counter-oscillation, perchance?"

"Oh, Malcolm, you're brilliant."

"Coming from you, ma'am, that means the world."

"{Y/N}, what sort of something?" Magambo asks "that wormhole is now measuring ten miles and growing. I need to know the exact nature of the threat."

"Sorry, got to go."

"Oh, it's not compatible. Bus, spaceship, spaceship, bus. I need to weld the two systems together" the Doctor says.

"And how do you do that?"

"We need something non-corrosive. Something malleable. Something ductile. Something gold."

"Oh no you don't."

"Christina, what is it worth now?" the Doctor asks.

"Hey, hey, use this" Barclay says holding out his wristwatch.

"We said gold" {Y/N} says.

"It is gold."