27. Max

Jake shifted uncomfortably in his chair as he stared into the eyes of Max, the man who was sent out to deal with problems. Meaning that he was a problem, there was no other reason for him to be there unless his brother had messed up in some way and they had to talk to Jake, though no one was talking so that was a sure sign that he was the problem.

Max sighed and shook his head as he leaned back in his chair, the only truly nice one in the house that did not need to be fixed ten times because someone broke it or they got it at a yard sale already broken. He crossed his arms over his chest as he no longer made eye contact with Jake and opted for looking at his brother instead. 

Jake's brother never did like when Max came over for business reasons, they knew each other on a personal level, a bit more than personal if someone looked at them long enough. 

Max was like a second guardian to Jake and man did he hate it when Max came over on business because as soon as he was over on business, he was no longer their Max. He was the groups Max, and he was cold blooded and had a heart made of cold metal. No one wanted to end up on his business end.

"The group did not take well to finding out that you have been sneaking off Jake." Max said casually as he continued to stare at Jake's brother. "They understand that you are still young Jake but they cannot keep up with this bullshit you keep giving them." He had told Jake with a sigh.

"There is always something that can be fixed Jake, you know this. So you either tell me what you are going to fix or I am going to have to go off after that little boy toy of yours." Max had told him getting right to the point. He ever was a man to dance around the subject until it had to be said. Jake knew that Max had straight out told small children that he was going to have to kill them, there were only a select few that he would comfort and keep calm before killing them in a more of 'you are just taking a nap' type way. 

He always did his best to keep personal matters out of business, and that meant that he had to cover for the two brothers a lot. Namely the younger one, Jake, he was always in and out of trouble. If it was not with the group then it was with his brother, or even the school.

He had gotten close a few times to being expelled, that was of course before Max started making appearances in his personal life. Though it was not because Max wanted to see him, no, it was because Max was now very fond of seeing his older brother.

On these visits from Max, Jake made sure to leave the house for a few hours at a time, he figured it was much better for his health if he did not stay home when Max was around. 

When Jake looked at how his brother and Max spent their time, well half of their time he could actually see them being normal. Like everyone else in the world, of course his brother would slap him if he heard Jake say that so he always kept it on the down low. Max, he was not to sure what Max would do if he heard Jake say such a thing.

Max would probably just stare at him until he corrected what he said, though deep down Jake was sure that Max understood what he meant. He just did not want to admit it, at least not in front of anyone.

His brother and Max would stay at home, they would watch one of the few stations they had on the television unless it was broken and neither of them had yet to fix it. They would drink and talk, Max; about who he did and did not killed that day, who was planned to be killed, and what he planned to do for the rest of the day after that. Jake's brother would explain to Max who he found who could possibly be the next target. Sometimes they would even fall asleep on the couch, though that was mainly Jake's brother who would fall asleep on the couch, curled up against Max's chest and on his lap. Max never seemed to mind and he would even pull Jake's brother closer though he would deny it and take it to his grave.

If Jake's older brother or even Max found out that he had seen them more than once doing this then he would surly be killed just because his brother would've been embarrassed.

Jake shifted in his seat a little as Max turned his stare to him and he cleared his throat.

"I'm not sure I know who you are talking about." Jake said softly as he stared back at Max before a loud bang got his attention and he turned to look at his brother who had a look of irritation on his face as a pan continued to spin before finally landing with a soft echo of a ring.

"JAKE! YOU DAMN WELL KNOW WHO HE IS TALKING ABOUT!" he yelled and walked over to him. "Why didn't you tell me? Is he a surprise? What are you planning to do with that boy Jake?" he asked as a deep frown set in place. Before Jake could even think about replying to any of those questions his brother was talking again.

 "Jake, I was there at the hospital," he started with a sigh as he leaned back a little, against the table, but made sure to give enough room to where Max could watch. Jake gave his brother a look of confusion as he shook his head slightly. "When that boy was there." His brother pushed a bit more yet Jake still didn't understand.

"Jesus fuck Jake! When you kissed! You and that small human kissed!" his brother said with a shout of irritation as he ran his hands through his hair. "Fuck how dense can you be?!" he asked as he stood up and pushed the table back a bit as he did so. "What is going on with you Jake?" he asked as he gestured to Jake up and down. 

Jake sat silently, being watched by both his brother and Max, 'How long was he planning to wait for me to tell him?' he thought to himself before a movement caught his attention. Max had gotten up and shook his head as he walked over to Jake. 

"Seems even he doesn't know what is happening. I'll save you some more time Jake. Just do not make me regret it." Max said with an impatient sigh and made his way to the door.

"I'll be seeing you both around dinner time." he said softly as he looked to both of the brothers before his gaze lingered on the older one a bit longer, "Don't keep me waiting." he said before making his exit leaving the room in a heavy, tense silence, the echo of the door slamming shut making it heavier with each passing second.

---------------------------------------------------------

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I started a page on ko-fi! I drink a lot of tea/coffee......i mean a lot...like a lot a lot!

That is where most of my money goes to but since i am going to be moving out real soon i have to start saving. like right now, but i cant really function without my tea ^^' 

so! it would be greatly appreciated if anyone donated! its $3 each

this way i would be able to take fewer days at work and write more! :) ive also been doing a lot of photography lately (which you can see on the website, im even making a youtube channel with me friend! :)

so it would be super great if anyone donated to help out with all of that! THANK YOU! 

link: https://ko-fi.com/laughingjujubee