17. Off to the office

Jake grumbled lightly as he was gently shaken awake. He looked at the person only to realize that it was Alex. He smiled slightly before getting up.

"Time to go?" He asked in a scratchy voice.

Alex blushed brightly and nodded, "y-yes it's time to go home" he said and started for the door of the class room as Jake slowly followed behind as he yawned and placed his hands in his pockets.

Just as the two were about to leave a teacher stopped the two in the hallway and told them that they were needed in the office.

Jake sighed lightly and Alex got nervous. He had never really been up to the office, at least for nothing bad. Alex gulped lightly and nodded slightly as he started walking towards the office but very slowly. He didn't want to go up there, what if it was something bad?

Jake just simply walked to the office, Alex trailing behind him as he reached the door he only knocked two times before entering.

Alex's eyes widen at the sudden entrance. he never thought someone would just simply walk in without permission.

Alex slowly followed him in and stayed behind him the whole time. The principal smiled and let them into his actual office.

"Please have a seat" he said with a smile and Jake sighed lightly and sat down as if he was at home while Alex sat down as if he was in a job interview.

"M-may I asked w-why we w-were called up to the o-office?" Alex stuttered out and the principal nodded.

"I really only needed Jake but I figured he wouldn't come without you" he said smiling and Alex sighed in relief at that before getting nervous again.

"Wait w-why do you need Jake?" He asked more concerned now than he was before. Jake just seemed completely calm about the situation as he was looking as if he was going to fall asleep in the chair he was currently sitting in.

"Ah well Jake it seems that we can't get ahold of your parents." The principal said looking at Jake who woke up quickly as his body went tense.

Alex noticed this and looked at him strangely. He wondered and asked himself what was so bad about this situation? It could be easily fixed, they could just contact his brother.

Alex remembered that jakes parents were murdered and that is quite a problem but wouldn't they know about that? I mean they are the school after all and wouldn't they be informed of that information?

"About that. They are off on vacation right now and wished not to be bothered by us troublesome kids" Jake said with a very faked chuckle.

"Is that so? Well I need someone to sign this paper telling me that someone of your family with authority knows that your grades have dropped completely." The principal said handing Jake a note that was quickly snatched away by Alex as he read it to himself.

Jake looked at Alex followed by the principal and they both raised their eyebrows as they stared at the smaller being.

"I will be sure to have someone sign this paper. Thank you for this and we will see you sometime around school." Alex said before standing up and grabbing Jakes hand before dragging him out of the office.

"Have you just been sleeping school away?!" Alex asked as he turned to the other.

"Yeah pretty much." Jake said not really caring for the conversation as it had to do with school and grades.

"Jake! We are going to fix this. And we are going to start now!" Alex said as they walked out of the school.