18. A life time of studying

Jake groaned as another book was placed in front of him. They were currently in the library studying, Jakes most hated thing to do. It was and forever will be so boring, he looked over at Alex who had walked off to a near by shelf and pulled out a few other books before placing a few back and keeping some.

Alex walked over to Jake with about four or five more books and placed them down with the rest of the other books Jake still has yet to read.

Alex sighed softly and shook his head, "you need to start reading." he said as he sat down next to Jake who looked over at him. He leaned over and looked to see that Jake was still on the same page he was on for the last hour or so.

"Are you kidding me?" Alex asked as his eyes widened. "What have you been doing this whole time?!" He asked looking from the book up at Jake.

Jake stared at him and his eyes started to cross as he tried to keep himself awake before his head fell to the book making a sound that made Alex physically cringe as he though the other might have broken something.

"A-are you okay?" Alex asked concerned as he gently placed a hand on the others shoulder.

All he received was a groan as a reply as the body hunched over the desk and his breathing picked up. Alex looked at him confused before a fit of chuckles fell from the mans lips.

"What's so funny?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he crossed his arms and sat back looking at the other with a slight pout.

"What's funny is that you actually think I'm going to study. I haven't read a book in years. Since like, forever" Jake said as he pushed the book away only for it to be pushed back in front of him.

"Well what will help you study?" Alex asked with a small sigh as he watched the other.

"These books to be on fire so I never have to look at them ever again" Jake grumbled and groaned like a small child put in time out.

"Well this wouldn't have happened if you just did the work when told and studied when you needed to." Alex said as he opened a book and started reading it writing down a few things every now and then.

Jake just watched Alex the whole time they were there not reading one full sentence, even when Alex would stop and lecture him about it. Alex even stopped his studying to have Jake read some of the book out loud but got a bit to aggravated when the boy pretended like he didn't know the simplest of words.

Luckily Jake was saved by the librarian as she had to close the library up for the night and went over to the two to inform them. Alex sighed lightly as he looked at Jake as if he knew exactly what he was thinking before turning to the old woman and smiled.

"Thank you Amy, you can leave these books out as we will be either returning tomorrow or the next day as we have to get Jakes grades up" Alex said as he gently closed one of the books, making sure to keep note of the page number of every book he closed.

Jake groaned lowly and looked, more like stared, at Alex until the other looked at him with a raised eye-brow. Once Jake knew he had Alexs full attention he raised his hand to his head and pretended to be punched in the face. Alex rolled his eyes and looked away from the other, "You don't hae to go off punching yourself now." he said in a sift voice that Jake could listen to all day.

He slid further down in the chair he was currently sitting in, "Be a lot more fun that whatever that was." he grumbled softly as he crossed his arms over his chest in a slight pouting manner.

"Stop being childish, it wasn't that bad." Alex said with a huff and turned to the other,

"Never getting....how long have we been here?" Jake asked looking at Alex with a raised eyebrow. Alex looked down at his watch mumbling something to himself calculating the time they had spent there.

"About five to six hours" he said before a loud piercing shriek sounded out from the library.

"FIVE TO SIX HOURS?! I WASITED ALL OF THOSE HOURS STUDYING?!" he yelled at Alex who had covered his ears and cringed every time Jake leaned forward or made a word louder than any of the other ones.

once Jake had taken a deep breath and calmed down Alex removed his hands from his ears and eyed the other with suspicion, he couldn't completely trust the other not to kill his eardrums just yet.

"I wouldn't call what you did studying, all you really did was just sit there staring at the page but didn't actually read anything. So no you didn't waist your time studying you wasted it by doing nothing. You didn't even learn one thing!" he said with a slight glare.

"I did learn something!" Jake snapped back in a defensive tone.

"And what exactly did you learn?" he asked as he crossed his arms over his chest just as Jake had done earlier.

"That studying will still be forever boring. Nothing changed at all over the years besides the fact that there is now more things to study than just the alphabet." Jake said as he stared at Alex with moody eyes.

Alex sighed and shook his head with a small smile on his lips before he turned away and grabbed his bag and started walking off from the other who quickly sat up in his chair and watched the other walk a bit of way before turning back to him.

"Are you coming or are you just going to be locked in the library all night?" he asked with a hand on the hip and not a minute went by before Jake was rushing towards the door followed by a smaller figure who was giggling and smiling slightly to himself.