22. Coffee Shop

As Jake and the girl he had met who he found out that her name was Caitlyn. They walked the short distance to the coffee shop that was open twenty four hours but was closed on Sundays. Though most people would love to have a coffee shop open that long, their coffee was okay but not good enough to drink six days out of the week.

They walked in and ordered their drinks before Jake walked over to a table and sat down not bothering to pull a chair out for her as that was not his nature to do. Maybe with Alex but Alex always did things by himself and he was happy with how things were done between the two of them.

The girl in the beginning wasn't sure as to why he didn't pull her chair out but she wasn't going to complain as many people didn't do that anymore. She smiled and sat down as she watched the other look around with a bored expression.

Jake really didn't go outside much as everyone knew but this girl. He could be outside for awhile longer with the girl, though he does prefer to be with Alex he thought that being with the girl might be nice had he kept his control over himself.

Caitlyn looked around a bit uncomfortable as she didn't really know what to say or talk about. She had told her friend Hannah that she would be meeting her soon but now that she had met the male she knew her friend wouldn't mind that she was a bit late.

Caitlyn looked to the other and smiled nervously as the other moved his gaze to her and just stared at her with a bored expression still on his face. It was a bit strange not having his hood up and covering his face but he supposed it was alright if he wasn't going to be anywhere else.

Jake opened his mouth and just as he was about to say something their names were called and they both got up and walked over to the counter and they picked their drinks up before they thanked the person then made their way back over to the table.

Once they sat down they started a small conversation, really just Jake finding a lot of things out about Caitlyn and Caitlyn finding out a few true things about Jake but mainly lies. He of course wasn't going tell the girl everything, he wasn't that type of person and he didn't want the girl to know so much about him if he were to lose control and she gets away.

The appearance of the girl still slightly amazed Jake, she looked a lot like Alex and it was a bit frightening. As the girl continued to talk, Jake tuning her out of course for the moment as she was going on about a cute dog she had when she was younger, Jake watched her and imagined Alex and started to compare the two.

They had different facial features but close enough to look like each other. When the girl finished talking Jake blinked getting out of her trance and he looked her in the eyes, she was smiling big as she looked right back into his eyes.

"So..do you go to the school near here?" she asked and Jake shrugged a bit.

"Sometimes I don't show up but other than that yes." he said softly, there really was no point in telling a lie about that. It was a simple question he could easily cover up had things been stired up causing trouble with such information.

The girl smiled wide after she took a sip from her coffee, "That's great! You might know my brother but I would highly doubt it. He doesn't really talk to anyone. His name is Alex and we look almost the same. Kind of like twins with different birthdays." She said with a big smile and Jakes eyes widened a bit as it finally clicked in his mind.

'Had Alex ever mentioned a sister? Maybe....Yeah I think when we first met. That's right! I remember now because he asked me who I lived with as well. I cant believe I didn't even try to make tha connection!' Jake thought to himself as the other girl continued to talk about her brother, though it wasn't anything important. She was more of just describing what he looked like, what he mainly wore, how he acted with others and where he would most likely be found in the school had no one seen him within a certain amount of time.

She was basically just saying things that Jake already knew but he did pay attention to the part of his hiding places in the school. If he couldn't find him one day that information would become very helpful in his search for the smaller male.

Jake drank some more of his coffee and for about the next hour or so the time was spent like that. Mainly Jake drinking his coffee and Caitlyn talking about her friends, school, and other random crap that wasn't interesting.

'Well now I cant do anything with her. If I hurt her Alex would kill me if he were to find out. Cant let that happen.' Jake thought to himself and just watched her until a loud noise pinged through the coffee shop shutting the girl up.

'Finally, she has gone quiet.' He thought to himself, he felt even more tired than before and all he wanted to do was go see Alex again and hug him close and take his body heat so the other would have no choice in the situation at all.

"Oh god. I didn't realize this much time has passed! Im sorry Jake but I have to get going I told my friend I would see her about an hour ago!" Caitlyn said freaking out as she stood up.

"That is fine." he said softly as she hesitated on leaving and looked at him before he clutched her phone a bit tightly.

"Could we exchange our numbers?" she asked softly and Jake held his hand up to stop her before he picked his almost empty coffee up once again.

"Not needed" he said softly and the girl looked at him confused.

"You will most likely be seeing me very soon." He said softly before he started to drink the rest of his coffee. The girl continued to look at him confused but after realizing that she wasn't going to get anything else out of the other she shrugged slightly.

"Well hopefully ill see or talk to you later." she said with a big smile before she ran out of the coffee shop leaving Jake to think things over and what he was going to do with Alex.