19. A Small Question

Jake sighed in relief as they reached Alex's house and he fell onto the bed in Alex's room. He wasn't ready to go out and about walking around at night for awhile only to return home to his brother Jeff.

"Studying wasn't that bad. No matter what you say." Alex said as he sat down next to me on the bed as I was sprawled out on it taking up most of it.

"Wrong. That was horrible. I almost died. DIED I TELL YOU!!" Jake said yelling the last part making Alex gently hit his chest. Jake gasped and placed his hand over the spot that Alex hit and dramatically started to shake before his body went still and he stopped his breathing.

Alex watched him and rolled his eyes until after a few minutes Jake still wasn't breathing. "J-Jake?" He asked softly but got no reply. Alex's eyes widened and he shook Jake a bit harshly.

"Jake! W-wake up! Stop playing around!!" He yelled worried his friend might have just actually died.

After a few minutes Jake gasped in a deep breath, "Man I didn't know I could hold my breath that long" he said while he patted his own chest as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"You jerk!" Alex said and sat back on his butt and kept himself supported with his hands as he placed his feet on jakes side and quickly pushed his off the bed making him land on the floor with a slightly loud thud.

"And you say I'm the jerk." Jake pouted as he sat up and looked at Alex while rubbing his head gently moving the hoodie around a bit to make it more comfortable.

Jake had gotten more comfortable letting his hood be down around Alex. He didn't have to ask anymore which made it a lot better. Alex was always telling him that he didn't have to ask and that he could just do what he felt like that day with his hoodie. So when they were around other people he would keep his hood up and covered his face making sure no one saw it until he was with Alex alone where he would let his hood slide down and rest at the back of his neck.

"I didn't pretend to be dead." Alex said from on top of the bed. He looked at Jake with a blank expression before Jake started to make faces at him causing him to laugh lightly.

Alex didn't get out much and didn't have many friends so this time and any time that he spent with Jake was special. He always enjoyed being around him and never got annoyed to the point where he didn't want to talk to him anymore. Jake always knew what to do and when to do it, it was strange yes but it worked with him. He's mysterious and a mysterious personality fits well.

Alex made a few faces back at Jake causing him to chuckle through his pale pinkish lips that got a deep pink if he were to talk a lot.

After some laughing and chuckling it died down to a bit of awkward silence. Something Jake couldn't handle very well. He didn't like being in silence when he knew he could talk to Alex. The silence gave him time to think but thankfully Alex decided he was going to say something.

"Have you done your homework?" Alex asked though he knew the answer.

Jake groaned lowly and let himself fall back onto the floor. He didn't want to talk about school work or anything like that but was happy that his mind was now focused on something else.

"No" he grumbled softly and he heard a faint, "I thought so" from on top of the bed before he saw Alex stepping over him and he watched as Alex's butt bounced slightly as his feet hit the ground as he walked over to his desk.

'Alex's butt is still as perfect as every. Maybe even better than the last time I've seen it which wasn't long ago but who wouldn't look at his butt? It's so round and perfect. I would squeeze it if he let me but who am I kidding he freaks out from a hug. A butt squeeze is in no question rejected.' Jake thought as he continued to watch Alex's butt.

Alex turned to Jake with a raised eyebrow while he placed his hand on his hip. "Well?" He asked waiting for an answer Jake never heard.

"Sure." Jake said though they both knew he wasn't listening. Alex nodded with a smirk that he quickly made a smile.

"Then I will see you at the library around 9:30 A.M. Tomorrow" he said and turned back to his desk before looking through some papers.

"What?!" Jake asked as his eyes widened while he sat up. "I'm not studying!!" He said quickly shaking his head before Alex sighed loudly and turned to him shaking his head slowly like a disappointed parent.

"You already agreed to it. It's your fault for not listening." he said with a shrug and turned back to his paperwork.

"Noooooooooo. Anything but the studying!!!" Jake whined as he held Alex pillow closely. Alex just sighed lightly and shook his head.

"You really need to calm down Jake. Its not like anything is going to kill you because you're studying." Alex said after rolling his eyes. Out of all of the things about Jake his childishness has to be the worst thing to deal with when you want to get something done.

"NO!" Jake yelled while he pulled the blanket on Alex's bed up and covered himself with it while startling Alex. Alex just stared at him for a few minutes before nodding his head slightly as he calmed himself down. He turned away from Jake and started to flip through a binder before he turned to Jake.

"Jake." He said as he walked over to the bed and sat at the edge waiting for a reply.

"Yes?" was the reply he got while Jake sat up and looked at him with a curious look, one Alex got a lot from him.

"Why don't you talk about your brother? I mean i understand if like you only talked about him a little but i don't even have a clue what he looks like. Did something happen between you two? Is that why you stay so long at my house, not that i don't enjoy your company or anything! i was just wondering is all." Alex said looking down at the floor and the bed before he looked up at Jake whose skin seemed to become paler if that was even possible.

Jake looked dead, his lips were no longer a pale pink but they were instead a deathly white leaving anyone to almost see the stains left behind on his teeth from soda and food that he ate earlier in the day. His skin turned an almost grayish white, the kind where you think its either a really pale grey or yellow but was actually white. This made his blood red eyes stand out while the black part of his hair could cast a shadow on his face even if there was no way it was possible. Jake looked dead and Alex wasn't sure why, maybe something big really did happen and Jake wasn't ready to talk about it. After all if something did happen Alex would've never known when it happened or what even happened and how bad of an impact it made on Jake, but whatever it was or even is, It wasn't good and one glance over at Jake again confirmed it.

'What happened to Jake' was all Alex thought as he let the other slowly come back to Earth.