2 ~ A Criminal Brother Or Flirt?

"What?" She felt the warm breeze on her ear.

Someone was really close behind her. She was too scared to turn around, but suddenly she felt a finger on her cheek turning her head over to her right.

She stared right into the green eyes that still were a mystery to her.

They both didn't move so they stayed in that position. Him, right behind her, but his head next to hers while starring deeply into deep her eyes who had a hint of guilt.

It felt like time didn't go at all with looking and memorizing each other's faces.

"Breath," he reminded her. That's when she realized, she had been holding her breath since he found her. She took a quick shaky breath, not moving out of fear.

"You're curious one aren't you?" He said with a smile forming on his lips and a small laugh. Good god, he had a beautiful smile.

Everlyn cleared her throat and stepped away from him, so she was standing in front of him. She wasn't going to let a stranger feel like he had the power to make her weak in the knees.

On the other hand, did he?

"I think you're the curious one since you're so interested in what I'm doing," she said raising her eyebrow at him, trying to look unamused by his actions before.

His smile faded as he furrowed his brows, "what do you mean? I just saw you sneaking around trying to see who the winner of was for "The Best dressed tonight."

Everlyn looked at him confused, but then she realized the drinks were on the same table to the box with the votes to the "Best Dressed Tonight" price.

He'd noticed her being at the table for an unusually long time and thought that's what she must be doing.

"Right uhm, I just tried to get a peak, sorry," she said, putting her hand on her forehead while laughing, playing along with it.

"It's okay, but you know, it's my job to make sure everyone follow the rules around here." He said grabbing his cap that had with white writing police one it.

"I know, I'm sorry," she said shaking her head, turning red at what she just made him believe that she was interested in.

"The best dressed" really?

She couldn't deny, she liked fashion, but she was never that into those small competitions in her school for her to look at the winner before time.

She could see Ana and Rose giving her a look, right behind Leon that said it was time to go. Their eyes then widened in surprise with a hint of worry when they saw she was talking to one of the cops

"Actually, I need to go, thanks for uh..," she thought about what to say while laughing and taking her jacket from one of the chairs, "For watching me and keeping me in company," she said laughing.

He laughed at her comment, "Anytime," he said smiling and watching her take her jacket on and walk over to her friends.

She looked back and waved goodbye and he did the same while smiling, standing exactly where he was. His smile made her not wanting to leave.

"So what was that all about with the sexy cop?" Rose said raising her eyebrows, looking at Everlyn with a creepy smile.

They went out of the gym and headed out in the hallway. Two students walked past them so they stayed quiet until they were gone.

"Nothing, he just thought that I was checking who is the best dressed tonight, but at least he didn't know that I was creeping on them," Everlyn said relieved that he didn't know. See that would've been hard to explain, she thought to herself while walking out the school towards her car.