Chapter Forty Eight - Trouble At Sea

Start from the beginning

"T-thank you" I stuttered out, forcing myself not to acknowledge the violent movement of the ship. In hopes that it would keep my weak stomach at bay. "Thorin! Get yur arse in 'ere!" One man shouted. "There is not much you could do now" another man I did not recognize shouted through the back opening of the 'tent'.

A flash of lightning and deep rumble of thunder later, the flaps in the back were peeled back and revealed Thorin to me. His hair wet, some strands sticking to his face. His clothes equally as wet, clinging to his body, showing off imprints of his muscular body to all. 

I saw him look over everyone, before his eyes landed on Aden and I. Making his way over, he grabbed a few things on the way. When he finally dropped in the space beside me, he stripped off his wet tunic and threw it to the side. 

He quickly dried himself before slipping a dry tunic over his head. His wet hair, dampening the collar of the garment. "Here, dry yourself" he said, offering me the towel. I nodded, turning so that my front faced him. 

Pulling my top over my head, I put it to the side. It was cold, the thin underclothes I wore did little to protect me from it; nor did it hide my hardening nipples. I heard Thorin clear his throat as I felt myself blush.

He handed me another tunic and I hurriedly put it on, my cheeks inflamed. "Thank you" I murmured as I smoothed out the material. "Are you okay?" he asked, pulling me into his embrace. I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, his skin surprisingly warm.

"Yes, better than I expected, all things considered" I whispered into his ear. There was a moment of silence, I clamped my lips together, as I felt the boat be lifted by a wave before we seemed to drop for a second. I did not feel ill as I did before, which was surprising.

"Thorin, how are the others so calm?" I asked, my eyes darting at the others, as a flash of lightning illuminated the immediate area. The others were huddled up, preparing to go to sleep. "This is not the first storm we have seen. Some of them have been out on the waters since they were very young" he replied, his warm breath tickling my ear. 

I nodded, subconsciously aware of the boat's movement on the stormy sea. I felt something brush against my side and turned to find Aden sitting there. His eyes wide, his body shaking. "Aden" I whispered, Thorin turned to look at the young boy as well. 

Opening my arms, I motioned for the boy to come sit between Thorin and I, and he immediately obliged. "You two should rest" Thorin told us and I looked up at him. "I have faith in the gods. This storm will pass soon" He continued and I sighed but nodded.

"Sleep, I will be here when you wake" he reassured us and Aden nodded, settling against me and I could not help but smile at him. "Good night" I murmured before leaning against them and closing my eyes. I was almost surprised that I was able to drift off to sleep so easily.

I woke to the sound of seagulls and the thumping of boots on the floorboards of the ship. Groaning, I forced myself upright. Prying my eyes open, I was looking at a clear blue sky, not a cloud in sight. "Oh, you are awake, finally" I heard Aden say at my side.

Turning, I found the boy grinning at me. "Where are we?" I questioned and he shrugged. "Not sure, but we finally reached land. Thrain found it. We saw his ship from the distance"he explained and I nodded. "Where is Thorin?" I asked. "Scouting with Thrain and two others" Sheela said, as she approached us.

"Come, the tents are all set up, you need a wash" she said softly and I nodded, allowing them to help me to my feet. The three of us easily made our way off the boat and towards one of the larger tents at our camp site. 

Once inside, Aden and Sheela left to allow me some privacy as I bathed and changed into a clean pair of pants and one of my own tunics. Just as I finished braiding my hair, the tent flap opened and Thorin strolled in.

"Good to see you awake" he said with a smile, which I returned. I stood as he reached me, "Good morning to you too" I said softly, going up on my tip-toes to reach his lips. The kiss started of light and innocent, but quickly turned more aggressive and desperate.

That was before I forced myself away, my hands going up to cover my mouth. Quickly scanning the 'room', my eyes landed on a bucket and I immediately bent over it and released the little amount of fluid in my system. 

Thorin was by my side in an instant, rubbing soothing circles on my back. "We going to do the raid tomorrow, but if you are unwell, you will have to stay here, Valin" he told me and I shook my head, slowly, the nausea passing almost as quickly as it came. 

 "I will go. I already feel better" I tried to reassure him, but he still looked worried. "I will be fine, I do not think it is anything life threatening" I told him and he sighed. "We will see" he muttered, helping me to my feet. "Here, wash your mouth and get some rest, I will send for someone to fix you a meal" he said, offering me a cup of water.

I did as he said, washing my mouth thoroughly, before burying myself among the furs that made up a bed. "Rest my love, for tomorrow, we raid" he said with a soft chuckle and I smiled. He gave me a quick peck on the lips before slipping out of the tent silently.

'I hope all goes well tomorrow'  I thought to myself, before slipping into dreamless sleep.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well hello there.

Sorry for the long wait, this is LONG overdue. Seriously, I was supposed to post this since Christmas, but....(I'll leave it to your imagination).

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

If you did, please don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

Well, till next time.

Lots of Love.

XxNikkyxX