Chapter Thirty Seven - Declaration

Valin's Pov...

I woke to the sounds of shouting and movement, Thorin was not beside me, but across the tent, getting dressed. "What time is it?" I questioned groggily and he turned to look at me. "It is time for us to leave" he said, somberly before tossing me a pair of boots and a coat of soft fur. "Put them on and be quick about it. We need to be gone before sunrise" he ordered, his voice cold and distant. "Thor-" I began but was cut off, "Silence yourself and hurry. I will be outside" he said before leaving me in the semi dark tent alone.

I slipped the boots on and tightened them before donning the thick fur coat and standing up. Three men from Thorin's company came in -looking as somber as their Jarl- to pack the rest of the things and take apart the tent. Ducking out the entry-way, I was met with a flurry of activity among Thorin's men. "What is happening?" I asked Aden, who had suddenly appeared beside me. "Mela" was all he said and I knew she had done something terrible if Thorin was leaving to be rid of the situation.

"What did she do?" I asked, my voice low and dripping with venom. "She staged a rape, making it look as if Thorin tried to force himself upon her" Aden spoke just as lowly as I did and my eyes widened at his words. "When did this happen?" I asked, shocked that I had slept through all of that. "Last night" Aden replied grimly. "Where are your siblings? We will take them with us" I told him and he nodded; "They have already been concealed among the items in the cart, Bain lent it to us to travel with" he informed me and I nodded. "Good, I must find something to busy myself with. Thorin is in a foul mood, so I do not wish to bother him" I told him and he nodded before we went our separate ways.

Aden's Pov...

I wandered over to the packed cart and climbed aboard, two horses were already tied to it and its drivers already in place. Everyone was tense and awaiting Thorin's command to leave this place. "Psst" my brows furrowed as I looked around confused for a second then I remembered that I was not alone in the cart. "What is the matter?" I whispered to my covered siblings. "When do we leave?" I heard Kida's voice and I smiled, "Soon, now hush up before someone hears you" I practically ordered him and I heard Gillie giggle at him.

"Alright men. Move out!" Thorin shouted, his voice deep and commanding. With a jolt the cart started moving and in seconds, we were out of the camp and racing off into the darkness. "Hold on to that lantern there for me, boy" the driver of the cart order and I immediately moved to do as he said. "What do you think will happen?" I asked the man, lowly. "More than likely, Floki is going to start something bigger out of this situation. He would see that whole situation as an insult to his person and like the ass that he is, he will want to start a war over a woman" he muttered, flicking the reins and driving the horses faster. I sat back, and the ride continued on in silence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valin's Pov...

We had gotten back to the village safely, and Aden's siblings introduced to all of Thorin's siblings. We were all in the main hall, and Thorin had just finished explaining what had actually happened the previous night. "Floki is going to take great offence to the situation, Thorin. I have no doubt in my mind that he will make a bigger problem out of this" Terni said, sitting beside Nikhil.

"I do not doubt it either, sister. But what worries me further is that he will have that bitch, Mela, whispering lies in his ear. Poisoning him, coaxing him to do something worse than what he would have already planned" Thorin said, lowly. I swallowed thickly, and looked at the children that were still present in the talks of war.

"Thistle, you and Aden should show Kida and Gillie around the house. Be careful" I said, and Thistle nodded before taking Aden's hand and pulling him to his feet. "Come along" she chirped before the four of them left the room.