Chapter Twenty Two - The Jarl's Son Pt.1

[Edited]

Narrator's pov...
The day after Thorin's break down; he and some of the men left to go to the sea-side camp. They were going to go on a joint raid with four other Jarls. They were gone for eleven days and were finally coming back today and everyone was waiting for their return.

Valin's pov...
In the time Thorin was gone, I had done a lot. I was close to perfecting their language and had become friends with Thorin's youngest sister, Thistle. The girl was a ball of happiness, nothing seemed to dampen her spirits. The only downside was that Mela was always trying to anger me, always bringing up that the Jarl was going to make love to her and that he kissed her before he left.
Terni announced that she was pregnant and halfway through her third month as she had kept it a secret.

I was in Thorin's bed chambers, he wasn't back from his raid yet and I was happy for the freedom. The door suddenly burst open and an excited Thistle came in; "Valin, come to the gardens with me please" she said quickly and I nodded, crawling off the bed and following her out to the gardens. We sat on a short wooden bench in the midst of the flowers, it was going to be summer soon and then the young men of the village would finally get to join the summer raids.
I had just finished making three flower crowns was a horn was sounded, at first I thought it was an attack on the village but then I heard the shouts of some of the slaves and women; the men have returned. Thistle put a crown of flowers on herself and placed one on my head before she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the house where some of the servants were waiting for the Jarl to return with his spoils.

I stood near Terni, Thistle and Nikhil as I saw eight horses approach; it was Thror, Thrain, Thorin and five men I did not know. One of them had short, wavy black hair with streaks of grey and green eyes; the one behind him has longer black hair, the same green eyes and a light stubble on his chin; another had unruly red hair and brown eyes; and the last two seemed identical, with long light brown hair and grey eyes. Terni stepped forward and hugged her brothers before she greeted the twin men. "Dain! Bain! It's wonderful to see you" she said as she hugged them. "Terni, you've certainly grown" Bain said with a chuckle before he and Dain went over to greet Nikhil. "Terni, this is Jarl Seamus and Jarl Dustin with his son Destin" Thrain introduced and Terni greeted them as well. Thistle made her presence know by running over and hugging her brothers.
"Valin" a voice called and I turned to see Thorin beckoning me to come to him. Dutifully, I obeyed and went to stand by his side; "This is Valin, my woman" he said and the men greeted me. "Terni, we will. Be having a feast tonight, the raid went exceptionally well" Thrain boasted and the men nodded in agreement. "I'll have a feast prepared immediately then" Terni said as she beckoned me to follow. We went to the kitchens as the men went off to bathe and rest. "Valin, go serve the Jarls some wine and tend to Thorin; we'll start the preparations" Terni said and I nodded, taking a silver platter and putting six goblets of wine on it before I took the platter with me.

I went to Thorin's bed chambers and he was in the middle of changing his clothes. I placed the platter on the desk and approached his chest of clothes, pulling out an outfit fit for a head Jarl and lay it out on the bed. "Wear this to the feast" I told him, and I turned to walk out when he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him until I was leaning against his bare chest. "I missed you" he said softly, his nose, nuzzling in my red hair; "I can't say I feel the same" I muttered lowly and he sighed. "Valin, what can I do to make things right?" he asked and I rolled my eyes: "Nothing" I said as I pulled away, but this time he did not stop me. I left a goblet of wine on the desk for him before leaving; I served all the Jarls before I went to Destin's bed chambers. He stood up as I entered the room, closing the door behind me.
"I brought wine, my lord" I said placing the goblet on his table; his green eyes never left my face. "Valin, why are you serving me, if you are Thorin's woman?" he asked, sounding curious; "I am not his woman, I am his personal slave" I told him and he walked over to me.

"Do you ever wish to be free of him?" he asked as he stood behind me; "Yes, more so, as of late" I admitted and I heard him chuckle. Turning to face him, he smiled, offering his hand to me and I took it; he gazed deeply into my own green eyes as he gently kissed my knuckles. "You are very beautiful Valin, I see why the Jarl choose you out off all the women at his disposal" he said, his voice smoother than velvet. "Would you like to be free of him, to come with me?" he asked and I pulled my hand from his; "What do you mean?" I asked and he chuckled. "I can take you away from him, away from here and you'd be free to make your own choices, be free to leave if you wish" he said and I was tempted to take the offer. "He would never let me leave" I told him; "I'm sure we can think of something" he said, a smirk on his lips. And I almost smiled back.

...................................................................................................................................
Alright guys, I don't know when I'll get the chance to update for a little while but here's a little something. I'm writing the next chapter as you read, so hopefully I can post it before my data is finished.
I wanna give props to @agiagogo for the idea, that I get to add to my plot. I hope you guys would enjoy this twist. I wanna know what you guys think of Destin so far.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and share. And thanks for all the support so far guys, it means a lot.
Great, I'm babbling.. Bye now! *waves wildly*

XxNikkyxX