Chapter Seventeen - The Village

[Edited]

Thorin's pov...
I stared at my little sister in what could only be described as shock. She was with child; my nephew or niece. "That is wonderful news, sister" I said as I got up and embraced her.

I released her and she smiled. "Thank you" she said and my brow furrowed in confusion. "Why?" I questioned, "We did not want our child to be raised under the influence of my mother" Terni said and I nodded with understanding. There was a knock on the door and we all turned to face it. "Come in" I called and the door opened to reveal a mane of bright red curls. "Valin, are you ready?" I asked and she nodded with a shy smile. "Sister, we will speak more, later. I promised Valin that I'd take her to the village today" I told them. 

"Have a good day then" Nikhil said and I took Valin to the stables with me. I helped her mount Bree before climbing on behind her; nudging Bree into a slow gallop, we rode into the now lively village. The wives were out with their daughters, doing the shopping; men were walking with their sons and the blacksmith was hammering away on some ore to make new weapons. Young boys were running along the dirt road, clashing their wooden weaponry against the other in a game of battles.

I stopped in the square and dismounted, taking Valin by the waist. I lifted her off the horse and placed her on the ground. "Where are we going?" she asked, looking around; "To the tavern" I said with a laugh. I lead her through the streets and to the large tavern, pushing the door open the men inside turned to me and cheered. I walked over to the bar and ordered ale, glancing at Valin, I could see she looked uncomfortable. "Would you like to leave?" I asked her and she shook her head. "I will just wait outside" she said and I nodded before downing the drink and getting another.

Valin's pov...
I waded through the crowded tavern and outside where I could breathe. I stood there a while before I got bored and my curiosity got the better of me. I walked away from the door of the tavern, glancing back to make sure Thorin didn't come out. I walked through the streets, weaving through the crowd of women and children, doing shopping or playing games. I was walking through a market square, looking between all the stalls selling a variety of things, from jewels to fish, to fruit and more. 

I wasn't paying much attention when someone bumped into me. "I'm sorry!" the person and I apologized at the same time. Looking at her, I smiled. It was the girl from the ship. "Valin, is that you?" she asked surprised. "Ann-Marie?" I asked and she nodded with a smile. "It's good to see you, Valin" she said, hugging me tightly. "How have you been?"I asked and she smiled widely. 

"It's been amazing, Thrain treats me well, and I really like him" she said and I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?" I asked and she smiled. "I think I love him" she said with a smile. "And does he return those feelings, Ann-Marie?" I asked. She grinned. "He loves me, if he did not he would not have bedded me" she said and I felt somewhat bad for her. These men would bed whomever they pleased.

"Are you sure this is love?" I asked, but before she could answer, a horse galloped next to us. It was Thrain. "Master" Ann-Marie said with a broad smile. "Not now, Ann. Valin, Thorin is looking for you" he said and offered me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up, and I sat behind him on the horse. "Ann, I'll see you at the house" he said to the girl before galloping back to the House of the Jarl. "Where have you been, it is after noon, Valin" he asked as he helped me down. "I lost track of time in the market place" I told him.

I was ushered inside and to the throne room where Thorin sat on his throne and he didn't look happy. "Where did you go!?" he shouted across the room and I flinched. "I asked you a question Valin!" he shouted again before rising from his seat and stalking towards me. I gulped in fear.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Hey Guys!

Finally, updated. Sorry it took so long, I have a lot of work on my plate ATM. But I try.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

I'd like to thank everyone for their votes and I hope you continue to read.

Bye for now, I'll try to update sooner.

XxNikkyxX