Chapter One - Wedding Preparations Pt. 1

Valin's pov... 

I had woken up rather early this morning; the sky had already begun to lighten to show that it was dawn and it showed the thick, cold, white mist that had settled over my village and the waters near it had begun to slowly recede. 

The cold air nipped at my bare skin leaving goosebumps as I pushed by thick quilt to the side and sat up quietly but with a smile. 

Today was my wedding day, although I was nervous about being married at the young age of eighteen years old. I was happy to be marrying an honorable young man. My bedroom door slowly creaked open and my mother and both my older sisters came into my small bedroom. 

Mother came over to me with a radiant smile I had grown used to seeing upon her face. "Good morning, my daughter" mother said as she embraced me with all the love a mother could give to their children. My sisters came over as well. Greta, the eldest, smiled down at me tucking a wild strand of her reddish blond hair behind her ear as Gretchen kissed both my cheeks in greeting.

 "Good morning sister, you look well this morning" she said smiling at me. I looked up to my sisters with a prominent smile on my lips. "This is a day to be well, is it not sister?" I asked her as i stood up, my nightgown rolling down and came to a stop at my ankles. 

I looked at the three females in the room and smiled at the resemblance we had to the women of our family. Our womanly trademark was our red hair. While Greta had gotten reddish blond hair, Gretchen had gotten reddish brown hair and mother and I had the same fiery red hair.

"We must begin, preparing you for the marriage ceremony", Gretchen chimed as she left the to fetch some warm water for my bath. "Valin, where is your dress?" Greta questioned as she walked towards my large oak wardrobe. 

"It is the dress, draped with satin" I said as Gretchen came in with my aunt, carrying two large pitchers of steamy water. They carried it over to to large wooden tub in the corner of the room and I was ordered to strip. 

Slipping my night dress over my head and disturbing my rather long mane of red curls; I put it off to the side and stripped out of my undergarments before settling into the warm waters. 

Mother added some freshly crushed rose petals, lilies and a pinch of lavender to my water before assaulting my hair with some lavender scented oil. After being washed and dried I dressed in a simple, thin chemise and was put to sit on a chair before my dresser. 

Several hands rushed around me at almost blinding speeds, mother was working on braiding my hair, Greta was choosing which pair of jewels i would be wearing with my dress and Gretchen was painting my face for the occasion. 

"Not too much Gretchen, our sister is just as beautiful with her face painted as she is without" I heard Greta say and Gretchen removed the powder brush from my cheek.

.............................................................................................
Part Two is Next.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share please.
I hoped you enjoyed it.

XxNikkyxX