For Now.

I didn't have time to react, before he pulled me back, and was shaking me by the shoulders as he growled, "Where have you been? You crazy, stubborn, stupid, beautiful, crazy woman!"

I glared at him. "I don't appriciate being called crazy...twice!"

"Well I'll say it again!" He exlaimed.

And then I was crushed in his arms, my chin resting on his shoulder as he held me with all his might, burying his face in my neck. "Don't ever make me worry like that again."

I could have mistaken his words, they were muffled, and soft, but the desperate tone of his voice, and the heaving of relieved breath from his lips made me think that I was right on the mark.

He reminded me of Victor, as his arms held me tighter. The day I'd run off, claiming that my family was safer, Victor had done the same thing. And the thought of Victor, caused guilt to pang in my stomach.

My heart was fluttering, and butterflies were swarming in my stomach, and my arms, aching to do just as they were doing without my permission, slid around his torso. I couldn't stop myself from feeling something for this man, and it made me heavy with guilt.

"Have you been safe?" He asked me, pulling me back to put his hands on each side of my face.

I nodded, staring into his worried eyes, "I've kept under Ike's radar. He currently thinks I'm in Mexico."

"Good," He breathed, crushing me back in his arms. "That's good."

My hands felt his strong back, and it made me feel even guiltier at how familiar he felt. Wasn't I trying to reconsile with Victor?

"Where's your mom?" I asked, realizing that she wasn't right behind him.

"I told her to head home. Jean is waiting on her."

"She's not going to tell-"

"No," He assured, stepping back and letting me out of his arms. "I told her that you probably had good reason for staying out of our sight, and not to tell anyone else," He informed.

Good reason. I snorted mentally. Is running away from your problems a good reason?

"Thanks," I mumbled.

Hesitating for a moment, he stepped forward and lifted my chin to meet his eyes. "How long has it been?"

"Hmm?" I murmured, blinking once.

He stepped back, clearing his throat as he murmured, "Nothing."

Silence followed, and for a moment, I was lost at what to say. Luckily, Logan saved me the trouble, gesuring out into the night and asking, "So...you want to go somewhere to talk?"

"Somewhere?" I replied, blinking.

"Like a...coffee shop, or something...," He trailed off, scratching the black of his head.

"Um...," I looked down at my bag of ice cream.

***

"Seriously?" Logan asked, amused, and also dry as I brought another spoonful to my lips.

"What? It was going to melt." I shrugged, offering him another plastic spoon - supplied by the coffee shop. "Want some?"

His eyes flickered down to the giant carton of ice cream sitting in front of me, and I could see him contemplating. Finally, he shrugged, and took the spoon from me. I slid the ice cream to the middle of the table, and we spooned our delicious dessert in silence.

"So," He said between bites, and I had to hold back my smile as I noticed a bit of ice cream on his nose. "What have you been doing all this time?"