Child Lock.

For the life of me, I couldn't remember how I ended up in this position. The road stretched on, seemingly endless, as the tension in the car felt like it could be cut like a cake. But it was one of those deceptive cakes, where it looked all sweet and frosty on the outside but on the inside it tasted salty and disappointing.

Yeah, that kind of cake.

Cakes aside, Victor had insisted that he come with me on this little road trip. And so, of course, Logan insisted he go as well. I outright refused, but my attempts to run out the door and jump in the car before they could catch me were immediately stopped by Victor's arm around my waist. 

So, being bitter, I locked the doors to the front seat and forced them both to sit in the back. They were less than pleased, especially since they had no desire to be within five feet of each other, let alone the width of a tiny, shabby car. 

Yes, we took mine. I didn't exactly think it through, and my poor car was rattling apart. I simply turned up the radio to drown the suspicious tapping sound emanating from the engine.

Ironically enough, as I felt  Logan's eyes staring into my back, Silver Springs was playing.

Lovely.

Despite the odd irony this song captured, I sang along, because who doesn't love a good Fleetwood song? 

Sounding like a drowning banshee, I wailed along to the song, hitting the high notes so perfectly, it wasn't even difficult. 

"Time cast a spell on you," I sang, raising my hands from the wheel, "But you won't forget me!"

The car swerved slightly, hitting a pot hole. I caught the wheel, letting out a stream of curses to the beat and melody of the song. Never lose the spirit. 

Huh, was that knocking sound always that loud?

"Jesus, Jane!" Victor complained, "I love your singing voice as much as the next guy but keep your hands on the wheel!"

"Hey!" I blindly pointed behind me, "Leave my driving alone!"

I turned the radio up some more, to drown out both the engine and my annoying boyfriend, and attempted to hit the high note on the next verse. My banshee noises have improved.

I glanced in the rear view to see Logan shaking with silent laughter, and Victor glaring at me. I shot him a wink.

"Someone's in a bad mood today! Huh, Logan?" I yelled back, seeing as I wasn't going to turn the music down for anything.

What he said sounded like a garbled mess.

"What?" I screamed. "I can't hear you!"

He waved his hand at the mirror, grinning. It was nice to have him actually smiling for a change. 

Shrugging, I shrieked along to the song, and just to piss of Victor, I swerved to the beat. He was rigid in the back seat the whole way, hands holding onto anything he could.

"I'm driving home!" He yelled at one point, and I just laughed.

We exited the highway, and wound down a road that hadn't been serviced in probably fifty years. Houses were spaced miles apart, and properties were a little...run down. 

There we came upon the "Junk Yard." That's what I liked to call it. It was code for Finn's place. Hundreds of cars sat, some destroyed, some in pristine condition. He was off the radar, save for one phone that very few had the number for, and traced back to Kansas. He claimed to "collect" cars, and has fixed up more than I could count, hence the junked cars lying about. He had a lot of connections, most that he made you pay a pretty penny for.