Literal Grim Brother.

I was eager to get the next clue, but Saturday was tomorrow. I'd have to wait. I was off work today, and it was driving me mad having nothing to do. 

Jane's beautiful face was the only thing I could think about on my way to the coffee shop. The way her blue eyes would light up when she laughed. When she would bite her lip when she was nervous or embarrassed. The intuition that would spark in her eyes when she figured something out. Her love of the blue gingerbread man and her hate of the green.

I had to chuckle at the last part. What a strange, yet wonderful girl. 

I pulled into the parking spot of the little cafe, my eyes scoping out the area before carefully getting out. Although Kent had claimed Ike had been incapasitated and heavily bleeding when they escaped, he still had powerful people on his side. He was out there, even if he wasn't out there.

I sighed and headed inside, walking up to the counter.

"Hey Victor, how are you this m-morning?" Silvia, a shy, but friendly girl asked me, her cheeks turning red at my approach.

"I'm fine. How about you?" I asked politely.

"I-I'm okay. M-my mom finally got her car fixed." She stammered.

"That's great. I was about ready to pay for the fix myself." I chuckled.

"Y-yeah." She mumbled awkwardly. She cleared her throat, giving me a weak smile, "The usual, then?"

"The usual." I confirmed.

It always confused me as to why the girl always seemed to shrink when I'm around. I've seen her at ease with all of the customers, a decent worker, but then I step up and the girl loses her nerve. 

I never could figure out why. Maybe because I was an officer? I doubted it, most of the people here knew me by heart. Silvia started working here not long after I came back from Florida, I immediately took a liking to the shy girl. Although she was quiet, the few words she did utter were admirable and mature.

She was a petite girl, probably no older than nineteen. She had big brown eyes that fit her personality, and short, mousy brown hair that was always pulled away from her face with a sparkly headband of some kind. Her mother was almost exactly the same in looks, but her personality was outgoing and boisterous. She always found a way to make a joke of even the most serious situations.

Nodding in thanks to the kid behind the counter, I took my coffee from him. I walked over to my usual seat by the window, pulling the strap of my bag over my shoulder and setting it on the table. 

I opened it up, taking out a few files from work to pass the time with. I was busy reading over a DUI case file, sipping my coffee in one hand, when someone slid into the seat across from me.

I cast my eyes up to see my sister.

"Jean." I greeted warily, knowing what this was about.

"Hi Victor." She said, taking a casual drink of her coffee.

I sighed, setting my file down and settling my gaze firmly on her. "I know what you're going to say-"

"Just hear me out, Vic. He is going through a lot right now. The day she left really messed him up. Just talk to him. Please? You're the only one I know he'll listen to." She pleaded.

I snorted. "Right. What makes you think he's going to listen to me? I'm the reason she left."

She gave me a dissaproving glare. "You are not the reason she left. Besides, he's your brother. You two have been thick as thieves since he was old enough to talk."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, unable to argue with that fact. Still, it was going to be hard to get past the bitter jealousy...on both sides. 

"Have you told him about this?" I asked, taking a long drink of my coffee.

She shook her head. "He's coming over tonight. I told him that Mom wanted to make him dinner."

I rubbed my temple in a tired manner. "I'll be the first one to tell you 'I told you so' when he punches me."

 She rolled her eyes. "He won't punch you. And I'll smack him if he does." I scoffed.

"Sure you will."

She flashed me a smile and her eyes lit up. "Is that a yes?"

I groaned. "I'll see you tonight."

She cheered and stood up, skipping over to me and pecking me on the cheek. "Well I'll see you later."

I grunted in response.

***

OMG, OMG, OMG GUYS!!! My second chapter for the second book! Book 2 chapter 2!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Okay, so my moment of excitement is over-

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

I lied, now it's over.

Anyway, I'd like to thank all of you for your support on the first book, and I'd also like to ask you to:

Vote, and be the fanion you were born to be.

Comment, and tell me why you'd love (or not love, it's your loss) to be a Fanion.

And FOLLOW ME FOR EXTRA CRAP. Because that's what Fanions do. 

Also, Clint Eastwood is badass. Enough said.

STAY AWESOME, MY BEAUTIFUL FANIONS. *dramatically blows kisses and waves like the queen*