Tell Me All About it.

Slowly, my eyes opened. My face was pressed into a pillow, and it smelled familiar. I blinked a few times as I idly wondered why my bed smelled so heavily of Victor, but then I realized as I became more aware of my surroundings, that I was, in fact, in Victor's bed.

I wrapped my arms around my pillow and smashed my face more fully into the down softness, inhaling through my nose to catch his scent once again. I had never felt so peaceful.

As I became more awake, I noticed what sounded like a constant flow of water through a tap. Lifting my head from the pillow, I listened harder, hearing a soft Pop! every few seconds, and my consciousness finally put together the sound of a sizzling pan.

Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes with a heavy sigh. My pajamas were haphazardly on my body from rolling around all night. I briefly wondered if I'd kept Victor up. I adjusted my shirt so my bra wasn't hanging out, and stretched myself out to maximum capacity, pointing my toes. It had been a long time since I'd slept so deeply. Normally nightmares about Ike and his escapades kept me tossing. For me to sleep deep enough that Victor could slide out of bed without me noticing was a rarity for me.

I stood up, forgetting about my slippers as I padded barefoot over to the door. When I swung it open, the smell of bacon wafted over me, and I followed my nose to the kitchen.

When I reached the doorway, I peered in to see that Victor had his bare back to me. His hair was a mess, more so than usual, and like me, he was barefoot. With a spatula in one hand, he pushed around the bacon that sizzled crisply in the pan, flipping it every once in a while. I was brought back to Florida once again, when I'd wake up to my mom making breakfast, and Kent sitting at the table. I looked around for a moment, thinking that they had to be somewhere - lurking around the corners to pounce on me and lecture me about sleeping in bed with a man.

But they were nowhere to be found. The house was empty save for us.

"Did I keep you awake?" I asked after a moment of admiring his back. It was muscular, and I was a sucker for pretty backs.

He turned his head at my voice, glancing back at me with a smile. "Yes and no. It's not every day I have you in my bed, so I kept waiting for you to disappear."

Not exactly sure how to reply to that, I approached him and asked, "What's for breakfast?"

I slid my arms around his waist as I settled my forehead on his shoulder blade.

He let out a hum that reverberated through my body, and slid his own hand over mine as he replied, "Bacon, eggs and toast. I can't do much else."

I let out a light laugh. "Fine with me."

I heard the sound of him pushing the pan to the back burner, and when then the click of the switch as he turned the stove off.

He turned around in my arms, wrapping his own around my waist as he pulled me close to him. I set my chin on his chest, gazing up at him through tired eyes.

"How did you sleep?" He murmured, his voice soft as he lifted one of his hands to my hair, running his fingers gently through as he untangled a few parts.

I let my eyes close for a moment, before replying, "Good. Better than I have in a long time."

"Good," He murmured, and I opened my eyes to see that he was smiling down at me, his expression soft.

We stood there for a long time, enjoying each other's presence as I closed my eyes yet again, burying my face in his chest. I was on the verge of falling asleep in the comfort of his embrace, when he let out a big sigh.

"Breakfast is going to get cold."

Blinking my eyes open, I reluctantly pulled away. "Let's eat!" I announced through a yawn.