You've Been Struck by-

When we stepped inside the cool, slightly damp air of the building, all of us went dead silent. Ahead was a dark hallway, illuminated by lights from the doorways ahead. The granite floors were dilapidated, but clean, and I was surveying the area for any guards hiding in the shadows. I saw none, and neither did Finn, so in unison we moved forward, flattening against the nearest wall to keep ourselves hidden in darkness. As we neared the first door, wide open and pouring a contrasting white light out onto the dark floor, I could hear some kind of buzzing sound, like that of a tesla coil. Finn paused us with a hand up, as he carefully peeled open the bag and handed us each a loaded handgun. He handed the bag to Dad, and nodded at each of us.

I grasped the cool metal in my hand, feeling the weight of it, and the responsibility of a man's head on my shoulders if I were to use it. I'd never killed anyone before, but for Victor, I'd easily commit homicide. This was my key to Ike's demise. 

Finn flattened himself next to the door, and carefully angled his head to where his eyes were just peeking around the corner. Quick as a flash he flattened himself back again, out of the light, as we all waited, ready. His face was grim, as he carefully peeled himself away from the wall, and motioned us in after him as he strode into the room.

We followed, and at first I was lost in a bright light, as my eyes adjusted. When I was finally able to see, I looked around the room for a brief moment. The sound I heard was an electrified metal rod, sticking straight up and pulsing with light. The rod was connected to some kind of generator, and two long chords snaked out of the bottom, towards a chair where a man sat, head hanging down where his hair covered his face, shirtless, practically naked save for the cover of a towel underneath his numerous ropes he was bound in. Finn carefully touched his face, and we all lifted our guns on instinct as he jerked back, a quiet but deft sound coming from his lips as his wild eyes took us all in.

"Clay," Dad grumbled, eyes appraising his less than choice appearance. "I hired you cause you said you were the best," He reminded.

Clay had a big mop of messy brown hair atop his head, with striking green eyes that didn't quite fit his average look. He was bruised and battered, one of his cheeks swollen still and his nose looked strangely crooked, though the bruises were old and faded.

"The best," He agreed in a pant, taking in Dad's face. "I just didn't say the best at not getting caught."

Dad narrowed his eyes. "We'll untie you. There's a getaway car about four blocks down, extra clothes in the trunk, keys in the glove compartment. You'll drive. If that car is gone by the time we get there, I will know who did it." He stared at Clay with eyes of steel, and Clay nodded without hesitation, probably glad Dad wasn't just killing him then and there.

"Where's Victor?" I cut in, as Finn pulled out his pocket knife.

Logan and dad kept watch on the door, but he looked back at the question.

Clay shook his head, and I caught an accent I couldn't identify, as he spoke, "It's useless, Honey. They're gonna kill him as soon as they catch sight of you."

My eyes hardened. "Where?" I repeated.

He rolled his eyes as Finn cut his bound hands, rubbing his red wrists as he informed, "Upstairs, Second floor. All I know is that he's alive but barely."

I moved to leave, my shoulder was grabbed by Dad, who looked at me with warning eyes, "Don't lose logic now, Jane. Stick to the plan."

"The plan was that I would be leverage for Victor's life. Now that they've seen the decoy he's probably already-,"

Dad's hand came over my mouth, as he shushed me. "They haven't caught you yet. As long as they don't have you, they still have Victor. You have to believe that."